Y&R.... actress to return!!

• Members

Yes, boys and goils, Beth Maitland is coming back soon, and apparently, word on the street is it's NOT for an episode or two. It seems it might be an arc that might last for at least a little while. I'm so excited!! Just when this show is dissapointing, they give up something to look forward to. I can't WAIT to see Big momma back in the house, I've missed her so much.. if it was up to me, this woman would be a centerpiece of this show. I'd make damn sure the woman would sing at Indigo if it were up to me. I'm starting my chanting now... TRACI....TRACI....TRACI...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apparently, Traci's initially back to help with Ashley.

But she extends her visit when Colleen dies due to drowning.

I'm happy to see Traci, but do they have to kill her daughter off? What a waste of a core character. They should have just recast with a more competent actress or written Colleen off by having her go to Europe to study art history. Do we really need ANOTHER death on this show? Especially since the character's father died earlier in the year and she belongs to a core family.

• Members

I agree. Colleen has the potential to become a legacy character if recasted with a real actress, no a stupid model. I hate the character of Colleen and I've always had (even with Fonseca and Leon who were good in the role) so I can't say I'm sad but I would have prefered to see her written out like being back to New York. BTW, having Maitland back is wonderful.

• Members

The Abbotts are such a pathetic excuse for a family these days. I can imagine Colleen's funeral, Ashley seeing Sabrina in the casket, Jack worrying that Sharon is thinking of Cassie, Billy chomping in grief as he tells everyone that Colleen was his favorite niece ever and he's so upset and this is so hard for him and if only he hadn't had such a horrible life he might have been able to spend more time talking with Colleen about such wonderful topics as himself. Then he'll try to hit up Sharon for some grief sex.

I'm glad to see Traci again but not under these circumstances. We may get the death on Monday, the funeral on Wednesday, and she leaves on Friday.

• Members

Sigh. That will probably happen too.

Traci needs to be on this show permanently. Now that John Abbot is dead, Traci needs to be the emotional core of that family. Jack, Billy, and Ashley are pathetic excuses for people.

Though, I wouldn't want Traci to be ruined by this writing regime, like many others have been.

• Members

So, I'd say all this Colleen death stuff is false hype...but two other things I didn't believe (Deacon rapes Amber, Mary Jane kills Zapato) came to pass.

I'm really sorry to see Colleen (not necessarily Sursock) go. But, I actually accept it, because we've all said the show needs to pare down. There are plenty of potential young Abbotts and Newmans out there, and Colleen has only been peripherally interacting with the Abbotts since Fonseca left. With Colleen's dad dead, and her mother off-canvas (most of the time), she is actually quite expendable.

Moreover, I haven't personally been able to 'move on' with JT because I always thought "Jolleen" was the end game. (They were one of my all time favorite couples, during Colleen's teen years). This _could_ open up story for Luckinbill (which I'd like...I know others disagree)...though I suspect it will not.

I feel sorry for the creative folks, actually. We cry out for housecleaning, but then when they do it, we complain. I can accept this death, if it happens. It makes a certain sense.

Exactly. They will not allow Traci to be a sensible moral center. That role is now reserved for Kevin, who will preach about finding your inner chipmunk.

• Members

Weren't you against more death on this show, especially someone like Colleen just a few weeks ago?

There is no excuse for killing off a core character, and John Abbot's grandchild and Traci's only kid. What other Abbott grandchildren there? Abby and Delia? I'm not even counting Keemo and Kyle, since Jack's children are never allowed to be on this show and are rarely ever mentioned.

Fact is, there are other ways of paring down the cast. Death shouldn't always be the one solution they go forward with. Colleen could have moved back to New York with Traci, she could have gone to Europe to study art history, she could have gone to take care of her sick grandmother, etc.

Colleen had so much potential, especially with the right actress. I refuse to believe so much time was invested into her teen years for no reason. She should have been a leader in the next generation of this show.

• Members

On a rational level, I totally agree with you. Yes, I think there should be no more death.

But this show seems as drenched in blood these days as True Blood. So, if they are intent on PERMANENTLY closing some avenues on this show (and that's how I read this...they want to trim the Carlton branch of the tree altogether off), then...well...there are other deaths that would be more painful to me.

I'd much prefer if Colleen just went to Italy to tend to her ailing grandmother. But if TPTB are intent on death, I do see the logic of Colleen before many others.

• Members

What if another writing regime comes in one day and wants to tap into the rich history of the show?

It's going to be pretty limited with all the long-term damage this regime is causing, especially with killing off important core characters.

By doing this, they're screwing the show over and making sure that if another writing team gets in there, nothing is left to be tapped into.

• Members

Keep the faith Mark!

The only thing keeping me hanging on is the hope that one day Y&R will experience a creative renaissance with a new writing regime that doesn't rely on cheap shock and gimmicks like this current writing regime does.

But I guess that's too much to ask for, since the idiots in charge seem intent on killing this show and the genre as a whole.

• Members

PLEASE, do NOT let this happen.

Don't make Colleen die, there is NOT one good reason for this.

There is so much tragedy already

Colleen should NOT be killed off. TIIC are pushing it with this.

This better be a rumor or fake spoiler. angry.gif

Archived