The final Guiding Light cast photo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well...other than the Kmart wardrobe, it's nice. KZ looks better than she's looked in years on the show, which I guess means lighting is really important.

On a personal note, I FLOVE the fact Maeve Kincaid's included.

Some of the photoshops at least look good. What makes Jessica look so obvious is that she's out of proportion with everyone around her. I'd guess that photo was picked because it fit with the color scheme, not because it was a good shot of her. And I'm sure TIIC were fearful of leaving her out, even with an explanation, and anger the fan base.

*sniff* all the talk of Gilly and David makes me remember Hamp.

• Members

Well I'm glad that Tina Sloane probably has taken the most cast photos out of all those in there.

I'm going to miss all the great talent this show has, the unique talent, such as Maeve, Jordan, Robert, Grant, and Michael, I'm going to miss them all.

The Grants! Hamp, Gilly, David were the best set of black characters on soaps back in the 90s and well incorporated into the canvas. Sigh I hate the fact we never got a Gilly and A-M pairing, Rick Hearst and Ameila Marshall would have been hot!

• Members

So I'm the only one who thinks the whole thing looks like ass? It looks so 2-D...look at poor Murray Bartlett. He's wearing the face of a greaser. EJ Bonilla looks high. Marj Dusay...I don't know WHAT to say.

It's not all bad though. The Zimmer looks fab. And Laurence St. Victor is drop dead gorgeous and he could tap *this* anytime he ever wanted to, so there!

• Members

There's no cast photo that would please everyone, I'll say that before saying: I would have loved to have seen MK and JC standing together. We didn't get 'Vanessa' and 'Billy' together on screen (and probably won't before the show goes off the air) so it would have been nice to have the last cast photo acknowledge the onscreen history between the two actors (their characters) in the cast photo. Most soaps group actors according to their online storyline. *sad*

Loved that KZ is holding RN's hand. JEVA? Always. If the show ends without happily reuniting Reva and Josh, I'll never watch anything with Wheeler's name attached again. I'm already hoping she opens a pottery shop when the show closes down and gets out of the business.

GA, BC, MO grouped together but no KT? It would have been a tribute to fans, I think to have the four together. We should have always had Phillip and Beth, Rick and Mindy in some form on this show.

Maybe CBS will spring for a second photo shoot and include any contract or high count recurring character who is able or wants to attend. Lisa Brown and Michael Tylo (Nola and Quint)? So many others.

What about a tribute to the GL actors who are deceased? I wish CBS would release a tribute to them as well.

• Members

You have so many good ideas. I especially agree about having Jordan and Maeve stand together (she isn't even with Matt anymore), and Krista being included. I guess we should be happy we even got this, instead of just a photo of the back of Marina's head or something.

• Members

They all look like if they turned sideways they'd be like Paper Mario characters :P 2-D, as someone said before.

Where the F is Justin Deas. Whether or not he does publicity for this show he should be there. I'm disappointed in him that he isnt (unless he had a super good reason)

Do a roundup photo. Get MacBeth Ehlers and RPG back for it, Krista Tesreau, Quint and Nola, Mo Garrett, Stephanie and Tom, I'd say Laura Wright if she wasnt in LA, doubt she'd fly back just for a pic

Already starting to think they will botch the end hardcore.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen GL.

• Members

What a wonderful photo. I hope Adobe uses it in ads for the next version of Photoshop.

The would've been a great pair but the show knuckled under to pressure and that's when I quit watching. But the Grant/Speakes families will always be one of my favorite families ever.

• Members

Those were the days!! The Grant family was awesome: Petronia Paley as the mother Vivian, Hamp, Griffin, Marcus, Charles Amelia Marshall, Nia Long, Monti Sharp, Victoria Platt as Vicky Spaulding was awesome as well. They had some great African American actors through the years. I enjoyed the first introduction to the Bouderaux family: Shari Hadley and Richard Briggs as the parents. Great Memories!!!

• Members

Wow. So much bitterness on this page. Yeah, the show isn't what it used to be... but what show is?

Yes, I miss much about GL's glory days.... just like I miss it from all soaps. But let's have a reality check.... after learning they were cancelled... GL is bringing back Ed, Danny, Michelle, Jenna, Bridget, Dylan, and Nola... (and not sure I've named them all.) I watched the end of Another World, Ryan's Hope, and Search for Tomorrow... I've NEVER seen this much respect for history when a show ends.

The only missing piece to me is Zach. Just because Phillip is dying... and it's SO important he spends time with Lizzie, James and Emma... I get Harley hates Phillip... And there is not an "actor" we associate with Zach... but boy, that bothers me...

However, the good SO outweighs the bad.

-- Dinah had an amazing, if heartbreaking, goodbye. That scene with her and Vanessa? Who could ask for more/

-- I LOVE the Jeffrey/Reva/Josh story. It's not perfect. But it's SO clear (at least to me...) that she loves TWO men at the same time.

-- Phillip dying. I don't watch this show just for "romance." It's a daytime "DRAMA". The Bauer BBQ was 90% happiness... mixed with Olivia's unhappiness and Phillip's sadness. But I am also fans of the actors. Watching Tina Sloan have meaty material while she mourns Phillip's illness...? L-O-V-E THAT!

-- Danny and Michelle return. WITH ACTUAL SCENES! Watching Michelle and her best bud, Bill, and Phillip try to find the meaning of life with Danny... WOW... to me, those were priceless.

-- Rick/Frank. Okay, this was actually a day (or two?) ago... but when Frank called Rick to see if he had a date for the bbq... because Natalia was going... and he didn't want to be "the only single guy"... LOVED THAT! To me, it was real, honest, and not over the top.

So yeah, GL is not perfect. But in my opinion, IT IS GOOD, and that's what I am enjoying.

• Members

What you call 'bitterness' I call 'bitter disappointment'. The only way I can count 90% of GL's storyline being positive is if I count the storylines offered over the last 70 years.

- Phillip is dying.

- His son is a putz.

- Olivia (still recovering from her transplant)is grieving because of Natalia.

- Remy and Cristina thought they had to get each other 'drunk' to be together.

- Dinah is on the run from the law... nah, don't write her out by having her go back to Bosnia (or wherever) ahead of Shayne to set up a foundation for orphaned children.

- Mallet tormented Marina for weeks.

- Cyrus' only contribution is helping Buzz become a criminal so that he can 'understand' Jenna. (CROCK!)

- Now Mel is chasing Cyrus.

- Matt is a loner... would have been GREAT with Mel... but no.

- Frank and Blake are loners, but at least they're loners, together. Still... ARGH!

- Rick is a loner.

- Billy is a loner.

- Vanessa is a loner and now doesn't even have Dinah.

- Edmund is threatening small children

- Jon is still on the run.

- Jeffrey is alive :P

- Rafe has yet to outgrow his 'angry young man' phase.

- Reva is moaning and groaning and a PITA over Jeffrey.

- Josh is a meat puppet; taking Reva's abuse and has to listen to her wax poetic about 'heroic Jeffrey'.

"Happy" storylines?

- Lizzie and Bill?

- Remy and Cristina (and no alcohol was involved)?

- Can we add Lillian and Buzz if they're rarely ever together?

Archived