Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week of August 3rd

• Members

I think it would have been better if Zapato just died from eating Kitty who must have been preserved with some kind of chemicals.

Patty became un-redeemable when she justified poisoning Summer to herself. Both she and Victor should have shown remorse over the state that child is in since both are equally to blame.

To these writers Paul is nothing more than a sounding board. His romance with Nikki could have been shown and really enhanced by using all the old archive footage they have. His connection with Patty could have been established more and more and utilized. The only reason the viewers care at all is because SH is doing a damn good job. I'd like to see her on True Blood, she'd make a great vampire.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think MAB has any idea how to write for a family, or for anyone. The closest thing Y&R has now to a family is the Winters, which is very sad, because Devon and Neil treat Lily like a stupid child. The Newmans have been destroyed, the Abbotts are as disconnected as ever, and even with all the Chancellors brought in over the past year, there are few bonds between any of them. Nina/Chance, Jill/Katherine, that's it in the whole family.

They never should have brought Ashley back. Their only reason for her return seems to have been because they didn't want Victor to get back together with Nikki, because Nikki could not play out the absurd storylines Victor's love interest needed and because they probably wanted to phase Nikki out of the show to make MTS take less money. Victor and Ashley haven't been an interesting couple in over twenty years and outside of Victor they clearly don't care about writing for her.

• Members

If they had some story for Ashley, a good story, I would see bringing her back, but when was her last good story? I know the Robert blanket breakdown and the sperm theft had admirers but in the long run I didn't think they helped her character. I think she was better off on B&B, if they'd bothered to use her.

• Members

No one in daytime gets a long redemption arc anymore, it's like them suffering for maybe five episodes or a tumor and all is forgiving. They would propably give her a sad story. She'll be the female version of Kevin and they'll make her see a chipmunk for sweeps.

God knows he was my favorite.

If it weren't for the popularity of Elizabeth Hendrickson and Billy Miller (Christel Khalil to an extent) I don't think she would give a rats ass about any legacy child.

Is it just me or does anyone not think of Daniel as a legacy child, sometimes I forget he's Phyllis's son. I guess he's been scoobized. The fact that Graz only signed a year tells me he's not in it for the long haul. If he leaves don't recast the character.

They had a credible rival for Nick but they killed him off. They should have just had Brad leave town or go to jail because of the SEC investigation. If Nick doesn't ping pong who will be on the SOD cover?

Abby is taking after her momma.

I wish Adam had been a mixture of Hope and Victor and not just Victor's mini me. They could have shown him struggling with his Newman side and the values he learned from Hope.

• Members

Ugh, I really want to like Muhney as Adam and I just can't. He's such a mustache twirling villain, I don't even care about Adam anymore.

I am enjoying JT getting moved back into the characters he once interacted with.

It's so sad to see what they've done to MJ. I'm still confused as to why she's Patty if the reveal hasn't meant a damn thing.

And I know it's already been said, but why are we just now getting these classic clips of Paul/Nikki..

• Members

I haven't been watching Days as often and Y&R is getting to the point where I don't care if I see it or not either. I never dreamed that I could ever go soapless while the ones I usually watch were still on the air.

I didn't care for the way Neil treated Tyra today at all. She isn't Dru but at least she's trying to be there for him in his time of need and etc.....

I hate what they are doing to most of the women on this show especially Ashley and Sharon as a viewer it just so sad and pitiful to watch....

It also seems like the show is getting really choppy like the way they go from scene to scene and especially when they cut to commercials.

• Members

I'm glad that the martial problems between JT and Victioria is them not agreeing on certain issues and not the fact that one of them cheated.

Everytime I see Paul and JT together I always think about Batman and Robin (even thought Paul is channeling Clark Kent/Superman with those glasses). You know what they said about those two wink.gif .

• Members

Victor is an asshat.

For him to stand there and undermine Nikki's marriage to Paul while he's married to someone else... it'd be different if he was telling her she didnt really love him and then say PS my arms are wide open, but no. He's saying Nikki doesnt love Paul, implying she still loves him, yet leaves her with basically no other options :P Speak for yourself Mr. Newman you don't want her back so get over yourself. If she's happy she should be happy.

Nikki has someone that treats her like a PERSON instead of a doormat, and Paul deserves a story/romance... yet they still have to undermine it and prop Victor. Sickening... That said - they were a power couple in their day, BUT they did show both sides of it, the love and the heartwrenching side, which they need props for.

Was that Corbin playing Todd again? He looked different.

Wonder if we'll see Mary

Victor talks to that dog more nicely than ANYONE else

• Administrator

Woah, just finished watching Friday's US episode - it was fantastic. Glad the script went to JFE who's been there the longest and deserved to write those Nikki/Victor scenes. Loved the flashbacks too!

Too bad Monday's episode is a "new day" so there's no continuation of the cliffhanger. Ugh!!! :mad:

Archived