Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week of August 3rd

• Members

Carl, I think they dropped Noah/Eden because once they got the sex part, they couldn't think of anything else to do with them. Eden is such a tacked on & useless character. There's no room on canvas for Michael, do we really need to give him a sister? PTB are terrible at long-term story. MAB made a huge mistake with Noah. He should have been gay (with a crush on Rafe) and MAB should have told a traditional coming out story in the vein of Bianca on AMC or Luke on ATWT. MAB really screwed herself and the show over by trying to compete against the other soaps with her "non-traditional" gay stories. All of her other stories, especially the romances where the women act like they're from the 1950s and the men are assholes, are stuck in the last century. But with the gay stories she wants be different and "modern"? On a show where they don't have the guts to show a gay kiss, MAB is going to be cutting edge? How can one person have so much stupid inside of them. You just have to shake her head at what a clueless chick this woman is. KS is a wonderful actor. Giving him something meaty like Noah coming to terms with his sexuality while dealing with disparate reactions from his family would have been great, not just for Noah but Nick, Sharon and Phyllis. Part of the reason why N/S/P are so unsympathetic is because it's all about them. Even Summer's coma is all about them. It would do a lot for Nick's character if he had to play supporting to Noah in a storyline and if Nick really learned to see his son as a man, separate from him. Making Nick someone who questions his own parenting and then learns to accept and celebrate his son for who he is would have gone a long way to making Nick likable. Nick's douchiness towards Sharon & Phyllis would have been mitigated somewhat by him being a real friend to Noah.

Eden just needs to go back to the Ashram or killed by Abby while that idiot texts and drives. Insta-PSA! If you're a blonde teen moron that was created in a test tube, don't text & drive, or you'll kill a wannabe hippie chick!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today, MAN. What a study in contrasts. The scoobies were a flaming pile of dog dookie, while the Kay /Jill scenes at the end were WRENCHING.... and NO NO NO those two have never had any conversation where Kay portrayed Phillip as anyhting less than the love of her life. Between this and her admitting last week that she drove Phillip off the cliff on PURPOSE. Damn... did Kay's stroke finally remove all states of denial from her brain? Hendrickson lights up the screen every time she's on, her and Driscoll work well together. I love how she's been developed. What is it with the SHITTY background music today? Every fan in the UNIVERSE hates those cheap synthesizer pieces, and TPTB KNOW IT. What it their damn problem??!! Where's my RAFE? SH!T. This show is now reduced to good scenes here and there with no flow, and the most horrible pacing known to man. Who's fool ass idea was this? IT's the pacing that ruining everything.

• Members

I wish they'd done a storyline where Noah decided to save himself until marriage, and became a born-again Christian. I think there's a market to do this type of storyline without being heavy-handed. They also could have involved Brock, since Brock was the main religious force on the show in the 70s. Noah should have had more of a reaction to his parents than just yelling at them. I think he would desperately want to be the opposite of them.

• Members

Jill and Billy are two peas in the same pod. They love to lay blame and make themselves be the victim, the way Billy treats Jill is IDENTICAL To what Jill does with everyone else. That said he was out of line and she should have trounced him...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kay. She and JC are the North Star of this show and you can set your ships by them.

All in all, in spite of the ridiculousness of it all, I'm enjoying it holistically... I think at the very most, I find it more APPROACHABLE now. I always found Y&R had this "High horse" thing going on for a long time, where its viewers seemed to be from this club. I always watched DAYS and found it get-into-able but Y&R seemed on another plane. Maybe it was what good soap should be in contrast to craziness, but it never really was MY show (I've gotten much more into it)... Kinda silly, but I just feel I relate more with it (not the crazy stories), just in the dumbing down of it in general... though they took the dumbing-down much too far lol

• Members

ACTUALLY that would be perfect, you can give the crazy-right a voice on this show. Then when he pontificates against Gay people, the sane ones will pass him off as crazy and the crazies will think he's speaking their langugae. Everyone gets accounted for and opinions get the weight they deserve from people in order of impressionability.

• Members

I agree. Kay confessing that she hated Jill more than she loved Phillip has never been done before. EVER. That scene was so surrealistic by highlighting the magnanimous suffering the Kay and Jill 30 year feud has caused.

I adore Chloe and Chance.

But I hate Amber and Daniel. I have had enough of Amber and Daniel, and Jana and Kevin. I only want to see them support other characters in stories at this point. I liked Amber and Lauren living together ONLY if we actually get to see them do something with Lauren and Fenmore.

I don't know who invented the idea of female dominated reverse male rape but it needs to die and soon. No one wants to see rape. Period.

• Members

Watching Monday's (US) episode right now. Did I just hear Jack telling Billy that Sharon wasn't worthy and that he was kicking her to the curb? And that "sap Jack" was gone and the old Jack was back? Oh, happy day! :)

Peter Bergman did so well in that scene with Phyllis when she told him he must be thrilled about becoming a daddy.

• Members

I don't mind Lauren in scenes with Amber since they do have a long history this show likes to ignore, but you know with Maria it will be all about Lauren propping Amber just like they have Michael prop Daniel. It should be the other way around.

• Members

It was sad and so unnecessary. Anyway, I think Adan could have killed Zapato just as easily at MJ. MJ wanted to make Zapato pay, but after Ashley told Adam that Zapato gives her comfort, I could see the sick jerk killing Zapato to further torture Ashley and get a shot in at Victor at the same time.

As for Billy Miller, I don't mind the actor too much, but I do mind him being shoved down our throats and put into every storyline. Billy is not ready to replace Jack as Victor's rival and frankly I don't want to see that.

• Members

Pretty much.

Amber should've NEVER written Katherine's book.

THAT should've been Mackenzie.

Lauren & Amber should have the relationship TPTB are trying to force with Katherine & Amber but that won't happen since TPTB don't see Lauren as anything but a Baldwin-Fisher prop.

Archived