Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week of August 3rd

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. I really liked that Billy-Victor confrontation on Friday. I thought Victor was going to bite him!

Raya Meddine was back... for that? I sort of remember liking Sabrina around the time of that gala.

Jack finally found his balls! Thank god! Sharon has really toyed with people's lives and emotions here in her need to prove to herself how much she cares for Nick's wellbeing. Yawn.

Vamptoria gets her first somewhat-storyline in a year -- and that's the best she can do? Amelia Heinle is so blank, it's like she is still dazed from her Out-of-Our-Asses coma. Damn, girl. Wake up! This is your chance to shine!

I know they gave ShiPhick a rest for a few weeks but seeing Phyllis and Nick make lovey-dovey eyes at each other... nope. Really did not miss any of that. It's like the Sharon porking never happened. And Phick bugs me. Michelle Stafford's Valley Girl diction works my last nerve and Josh Morrow has this DOA look in his eyes. I also hate the way the writers write Phick (as well as Shick. And Shack. I am an equal opportunities hater) where they give them workday dialogue like "Summer likes to be tucked in at night by her daddy because she misses him so much" and overlay it with "meaningful" looks and meaning. 'Cuz really Phyllis means SHE misses Nick so much. Wow. So deep and yet... so not! In the context of the line about Summer, it is also somewhat creepy.

And ENOUGH with the damn computer games. We get it. Phick bond over Playstation (insert product placement here, Sony). They are 40, not 14.

• Members

How sad was that when Mary Jane found Kitty's tail! I'm glad we got some closure with that story. The other scenes at the ranch were just strange. Why would they build a random outdoor set like that at the Newman ranch? I don't think it's believable that so many people would accidentally meet there and although pretty, it looks fake. I did like seeing Abby and Ashley talk, but it's always too little too late since there's no follow up.

• Members

Gotta love how Patty Jane was able to get the bottle of liquor sitting wide open on the bar to conveniently grab to mix Jack's drink and on top of that, just reach around and randomly grab a beer for Billy. :rolleyes: And dumber than that, the two of them just up and assume that those two drinks sitting on the counter are theirs. Who does that? And no bartender is gone for that extended a period unless a barback or bouncer is there watching everything that's going on. Tips get stolen, drinks get stolen, fights break out, hell, cash in the register is prone to theft. I could buy it if this was Mayberry or even Peapack Township.

Nick and Phyllis playing video games: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The only thing I loved was the director/editing team inserting those Nick/Sharon Flashback in the way they did. It was clever and great.

• Members

God, I hate how Michelle Stafford acts whenever Nick and Phyllis are on good terms. This giddy schoolgirl sh!t is beneath her and totally annoying.

Phicks SUCKS! No depth at all to this relationship, especially under these present circumstances.

I've always said they were nothing more than sex and video games, and today's episode sure proved me right.

Nick and Phyllis are an affair that went on too long, and I'm sorry Jack Smith was fired before he could end this boring, mundane, and flat pairing. '

Remember when Phyllis as a character was, you know, well defined pre-Nick? I miss those days.

Not that I like Sharon any more. She needs to get over her self-pity, bitch, it was YOUR LIE that caused all this. Why did she have to lie in the first place? It made no sense.

Nick is the one of the most unsympathetic characters EVER. And they're still playing him as some good guy that loves these women. Please, if either Sharon or Phyllis had any self-respect, they'd stay the hell away from this fool.

The scenes in today's epsiode so far are so rushed and short, I hate it. Not only are the storylines generally bad, but the execution just sucks.

Why is Y&R looking so bland in HD all of a sudden? Compare it to GH, it doesn't pop as much and isn't as vibrant as it used to be. I guess crappy storytelling trickles down to crappy production now?

• Members

Word! This is the type of inane and nonsensical storytelling plaguing this show now. These hack head writers are so desperate to sell any plot that they dumb down all the characters and piss on the intelligence of their audience. Unless you're completely hammered, which neither Billy nor Jack was, who would grab an unattended drink sitting out there? Who knows who could have had a sip from it or laced it with some drug prior?

Patty Jane is such a cartoon villain, telling Zapato he was going to scare away Kitty. :rolleyes:

I thought Patty Jane just used Kitty as a talk to, but knew the thing was dead? So how did she get to ordering a saucer of milk for this thing and then telling Zapto he would scare her away? :huh:

I'm so sick of this one-note villain. She had so much potential, but now all of that is gone and I want her gone. Good actress, but very crappy writing.

And do we need yet another sex offense on this show? :rolleyes:

I'm sick of Billy's overexposure too, but I already went all out on that last week.

Poor Nikki and Melody, the head writers obviously hate her and the character...

• Members

That's the only thing I liked about this episode too, it made me long for the good old days, you know, when the show had heart and better writers.

Oh and poor Ashley and Eileen Davidson too, this character is being ruined thanks to this stupid story. No personality at all, and totally dumb.

The women (and men), but especially the women on this show deserve much better writing than they get.

• Members

I guess no one at the bar watches the news. For Patty Jane to walk around and unnoticed is dumb. Jack and Billy didn't even bother to look around. She would have been spotted so easily. I am still bothered that Mac didn't even recognize Patty Jane. No one in GC watches the news or reads the newspapers I guess.

Nick and Phyliss were boring as hell to watch.

The Ugly Nick and Sharon flashbacks were puke worthy.

• Members

I thought it was just me who found Sharon peeking out from behind that plastic-looking tree and Barbie's Dream Home fence to be jaw-droppingly fake. Speaking of synthetic products, I see Miss Case's hair is back to its middle-parted, raggedy best.

Preaching to the choir here as far as Phick is concerned. Video games and sex is really the sum total of their relationship. And the fact that Phyllis got knocked up with Summer. Time to marry da babymama! Honestly, this scene is like something out of 2008. It's like the Paris shoot never happened, like Nick never rubbed his horse-teeth over Sharon, like Summer never even got sick. It's like one of LML's pointless scenes of anti-cliffhangerness.

As for all this [!@#$%^&*] being beneath Stafford, uh, please. Both Case and Stafford are aware of their rabid, vocal Phick and Shick fans. They need this triangle-from-hell to keep playing forever because it keeps them on the frontburner (I don't consider it a quad as nobody really wants to sleep with Jack).

• Members

This show needs to stop trying to pander to fanbases in this stupid storyline.

I don't care how vocal a fanbase is, ratings aren't going to go up or down based on whether they're together or not.

All of these characters in this triangle need to be split up and placed into different orbits and rested for about 6 months.

Or is their intent with all the flip-flopping to ruin all of these characters so that no one cares about them anymore? If so, they're doing a good job at that as far as I'm concerned.

Poor Peter Bergman really pissed someone off to have be downgraded to this.

• Members

No you're not the only one who could tell, so could I and my blind grandmother. I don't expect this show to have the best looking sets, they are being forced to make budget cuts. I think this background was also used during the Jt/Colleen try to find Brad scenes.

That sounds like a relationship teenagers would have, maybe a couple in their twenties (a frat boy and a sorority girl), maybe.

Summer is to the Phick relationship what Cassie (poor Noah so ignored) is to the Shick relationship.

The same could be said of Morrow, in an interview he gave he said he hoped this triangle went on forever.

• Members

And you can't tell me that Phyllis is THAT stupid not to know that the only reason Nick remarried her is because Summer is sick. He would be humping Sharon at that very moment if he could.

Archived