Y&R: Episode Discussion for the week of August 3rd

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Putting aside my love for her, Vail Bloom knocked it out of the park today. Just another proof that she can do good when she's not written as a cold-blooded attorney. Finally she dumped that poor excuse for a human being.

• Administrator

I thought today's episode was fantastic in terms of the script and acting. I loved the Victor/Nikki, Adam/Heather, Nikki/Paul scenes. But I agree that it was so plot driven and that there was no build up. So while it was a good episode, the story was crap. And I already complained about Monday's episode being a "new day". <_<

• Members

As someone who couldn't watch back then I enjoyed the flashbacks of the years I couldn't watch.  My favorite parts were when Paul was in the church then Victor walks in and when Heather broke up with Adam.

Yeah Vail was good today, even if she's not the best actress I never thought she deserved to be on Branco's top 10 hairmodels list.

Don't give them any ideas!  Then we'll have to hear how unprofessional Thad is and I can only take so many stories about actors being difficult.  Two is enough.  It'll give Barbara the chance to recast him with Jeff Branson so he won't go to an ABC soap or she'll steal John-Paul Lavoiser from One Life since he's not happy there.

• Members

I think this is their plan, but they have made Jack such an irrelevant character when he still has so many ties to the canvas. He doesn't fit the role of John yet because if something happened to John, most of the town would care, John had a lot of friendships and relationships.

They have tried to make Billy into the new Jack, and helped emasculate Jack in the process (like letting us know what a big man Billy was because he slept with Jack's wife), but Billy is so unsympathetic and so uncaring about anyone but himself, and he doesn't have the charisma.

• Members

Good show today.

I know a lot of people aren't too happy with Y&R now but with the exception of a few characters and stories I am liking it.

Last year I gave up my favorite show after following it for almost 40 years. I can't handle it anymore.

If you think Maria Arena Bell is bad,how would you like Jean Passanante for a HW?

• Members

Comparing Maria to Passanante is like comparing Target to Wal-Mart.

They both sell cheap stuff that breaks in less than a year. Target's furniture just looks better and lasts about a month longer, whereas Wal-Mart has always had a rather "white trash" reputation among people outside of it's place of origin.

• Members

They should both be exiled along with Bloom.

Maria and her henchmen's style isn't that different from Pissy's. You'd still have your one-note phycho/villains, rushed storylines, weak female characters, laughable attempts at gay storylines, and just utter stupidity.

Only Maria and her henchmen's pacing style is slow compared to Pissy's, which is definitely weird, as Maria and her henchmen's pacing is horrendously fast by itself.

• Members

Since KSJ is complaining about Maria....would you rather have Latham back...LOL. If you want slow storytelling the only one I see that can do that is Lorraine Broderick. Her stories for ATWT were told at a snails pace.

Archived