Y&R: Thom Bierdz interview online

• Members

What a great in-depth interview!!! He talks about alot of stuff, such a sweet man... and I hope we have him around for a LONG time. I even summoned up the nerve to call in! I probably will cringe when I hear myself, I'm sure I sound like a hillbilly high school girl, but I don't care... I had a great time!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/olivia/2009/07/14/THOM-BIERDZ-YOUNG-AND-RESTLESS

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seems like a nice guy, but if the writing and his acting don't improve anytime soon, 6 months is enough.

And seeing how afraid this show is to push the gay element, it's probably best he stays for only 6 months, and perhaps makes sporadic appearances here and there after that.

• Members

Well, I'm glad that his explanation of his waiting for his camera light (Like he used to do) explains the second or two hesitation I've seen at the beginning of scenes. I think his performances have been fine, especially if you look in his eyes.... and he thought they were doing a closeup shot at that time, when they weren't. That's one of the big drawbacks of daytime, everything runs at such breakneck speed, sometimes when something slips through the cracks, they don't take the time to redo it. OF COURSE, Raunch SHOULD HAVE briefed him before he started shooting about the changes in the way the show is shot since he was on 20 years ago.

• Members

I didn't think you sounded bad at all! I think TB enjoyed your input. I think the interviewer talked much more than she interviewed. Wouldn't have listened to her at all, had you not directed us to the link. Thanks by the way!

• Members

Thanks, Phamie... I'm always self conscious with my phone voice, I sound much more nasal than I do in real life, I always think I sound like Vicki Lawrence doing "Mama" when I'm on the phone. I just LOVED the stuff he had to say, and I'm excited to see him in the coming months, and hopefully in the coming YEARS.

Archived