DAYS: Discussion for the month of July

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really loved, LOVED the talk between Maggie and Nathan today. Great way to build his character and adress some question regards his parents. So far I think Dena/Gary did really good job with introducing of the new generation. Melanie, Mia, Nathan all already feel like a part of the canvas, mainly because they´ve got immediatelly involved with the rest of cast and did not stay isolate just in their own age/story group. The summer with Jett, Jeremy and their flying circus was a bust, and poor Morgan was never more than just an afterthought in the writers eyes, but this year I´m actually looking forward to the love escapades with Mel, Nathan, Phil and Steph, and even am interested in Mia and her little triangle with Chad and Will.

I also love how Maggie is used as the central character who is keeping all the young focused and steers them the right way. This is a role Alice Horton used to have on the show and we really needed someone like that again. It´s so much better than to see Maggie one or two times per month seating someone at her restaurant or talk about invisible Mickey and his work.

Speaking of Mickey, sometime I forget he is still alive and sometime I wonder if the writers forgot too. Maggie is not even making excuses for him anymore. Maybe it´s time to make her officially widow.

• Members

I think this fall would be a good time to kill Micky off in his sleep. It would set the stage for a supporting story for Maggie and her struggling with not drinking - esp now that she has Nathan, melanie, Mia, Brady & her family to support her.

• Administrator

Weren't those scenes great? Those were great character driven scenes and it started with Tom's medical bag. Just a brilliant discussion, between grandson and grandmother, about Nathan not living up to Tom's name, and Maggie telling him to find his own path. I love family scenes like this.

I'm also really enjoying Melanie lately. I'm so glad they went the friendship route with Mel/Brady because I was getting worried there for a bit when they were having all these scenes together and I thought they were going to hook up. Oh and I like Mel playing matchmaker to Brady/Ari - those were fun scenes to watch. And then Nathan catching Mel taking a shower.

Lots of enjoyable stuff today.

I also like Chad already because the actor is pretty good in this normal talking scenes, I hope he's good at dramatic scenes - I have the same feelings about the dude playing Nathan. I hope they connect Chad to somebody, maybe a cousin of Nicole, or Rafe/Ari's half bro, or something like that.

I like seeing Maggie in this type of role too.

Mickey's such a legacy character though. Plus, I don't think he should die before *gulp* Alice. :( If he's capable, John Clarke needs to be back for *gulp* the funeral.

• Members

I know it has been a rather boring week, but is anybody still watching?? I am but not much to comment on. Can the Kate/Daniel/Chloe/Lucas please be over? Not very interested in Rafe - I guess I don't mind Sami with someone new, but I'm just not overly fond of the actor. Some of the storylines just need to move along.

• Administrator

Sure there's not a lot happening, but it's not been boring for me.

My dream - Chloe/Daniel both die...if not....let them get together and they ride off into the sunset. :) But yeah, I'm ready for Kate's plan to take action.

I like that we're slowly learning about Rafe's past. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a killer. And like his scenes with Sami today. There's been a lot of funny/light moments this month.

I think they're moving in a nice slow place. July has been a good month for characters talking to each other.

• Administrator

Finally, after months of planning, Kate's plan is set in motion. The know the end (Daniel being free, Dan/Chloe finally getting together) I will hate, so I'm just going to enjoy now with Daniel being set up.

Philip/Melanie kissing....I have a feeling/hoping that's only an obstacle because I like what they're building with Nathan/Melanie.

• Members

I found Gering's comments on his interview most illuminating when it comes to DAYS: He mentioned that there is not a lot of interference by NBC in the writing process. It made me wonder if this is part of the reason why we've seen a DAYS anchored by a writer with a horrible track record do well--perhaps better than the rest of daytime in terms of writing quality.

Archived