Y&R: Potpourri Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, I knew it was big, but I had NO idea it was that big!

:blink::huh::huh: I can't believe that would have been exactly my guess... debuted in 1990 with 1986 episodes. Should I just start playing lotto now? It was on ANT1 right?

How wonderful! I can't wait! :lol:

I don't think I have any B&B covers... I think I have the TV magazine of the week it debuted, which was November 14, 1988, but I can't find it now (or was it with SANTA BARBARA's debut?). But I think I might be able to scan some of the synopses with pics. :lol:

Wow, more info I hadn't heard before! Maybe I can find that magazine... and McVicar was on one of Foskolos' soaps? LMFAO!

I have to find that too!

• Members

She was very pretty.. I have no idea about the asian thing. I liked Lynde much better, Mallory seemed so "prissy" to me, like she should always have on white gloves, eating sandwiches with the crusts cut off. Lynde had a much more natural screen presence to me. And Bauer, I LOVE her. I still maintain that Chloe is the modern version of Lorie.. the selfish vixen with a vulnerability deep inside.

• Members

Yes, it was on ANT1. By that time I had read may articles about B&B's sister soap and the endless similarities between them. (Ridge/Caroline/Thorne vs. Snapper/Chris/Greg; Brooke/Stephanie vs. Jill/Kay; Beth's cancer vs. Liz's cancer etc) and I couldn't wait to see what that show was all about. I remember falling in love with the opening music and drawings from day one :)

B&B debuted in November, I remember the magazine cover with Ridge, Caroline and Thorne from the first week. Santa Barbara debuted several months later and aired every Friday at 12.00. It started with the 1984 earthquake episodes and I remember pretending to be sick every Friday at school in order to return home and watch SB :P

Dan McVicar on Foskolos's Lampsi = :wacko:

That was funny, though.

Another B&B fun fact: A newspaper once published a big story about B&B's future storylines and announced that Ridge would admit to his family that he was gay and that TPTB planned a big storyline with him dying from AIDS. The paper also reported that Beth Logan was dying from cancer. Fans were horrified and the paper announced that the article was a joke.

Everybody is mad at YR these days! :lol:

• Members

Brenda Dickson looks like Tammin Sursok in that picture. Especially the eyes and the lips. And since you guys mentioned Lorie, here's a clip of her battling it out with Nikki I recently uploaded...

<P>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Members

Thank you for that clip! What a treat. JLB and MTS have great chemistry together. Bill Bell did the fans proud with all the returns for the wedding, a great way of passing the torch. I love her face when she sees the L.B. luggage.

When they brought Lorie back in 2002 or 2003 I wish they hadn't had her want Victor and regret not being with him. She was the only woman who had had the upper hand with him. I would have rather seen her as a business rival to Victor, and to have some clashes with Jill, and she still could have clashed with Nikki.

If Y&R stabilizes again I hope they can bring Lorie back for a brief appearance. Now that the show seems to be struggling for what to do with the Newmans and the Abbotts, for one reason or another, why not have Lorie return to town to help introduce a younger relative to shake things up? Have the same with Jill. She learns a niece or nephew will be in town and asks to stay with her. Bring in a few new Fosters or Brooks. That way they will have more time to sort out some of the problems with younger characters like Victoria, Mac, Colleen, and so on.

Archived