Y&R - Actress OUT?

• Members

The rumors started while she was still on Y&R. I think the rumors were that she was going to quit Y&R at the time. I figured and many others did at the time they wanted her for Melinda. This was in the early 80's around the time that Y&R went to an hour and Dickson left and was replaced with Bond Gideon at first.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But they really weren't in the roles that long except for Jaime Lyn. Trish Stewart I think was only there maybe 4 or 5 years, I will have to look.

Certainly no longer than others who moved on.

Of course Jaime Lyn was rumored to be a little difficult and that may have played a part into her not getting hired.

I remember when Another World hired Espy and Lynde they made big deals out of it. There was a big publicity push. At the same time they grabbed Lee Patterson who had been fired from OLTL and they really got a lot of publicity out of the 3 hirings.

Patterson and Espy both were very popular in the roles they got on AW. Lynde was in some regards, but in the popularity polls of the time, she was not seen listed but both Patterson and Espy were.

• Members

Sorry but I don't like Scott as Beth. I see no chemistry between her and McCook at all. They need a Beth who has actual chemistry with McCook. That has been one of the problems with the triangle never working for me.

If the rumors are true that Edward Scott is going to the East Coast and Melody goes with him and finds work. I could easily see her on ATWT as either Sierra or maybe they would revive the character of Dee Stewart Dixon. She would be great in either role. Maybe she could be a real vixen and why not every other girl does - have an affair with Tom. LOL

• Members

Very interesting. I'm sure Dickson turned the role down as she was in her fantasy land trying to play housewife and traveling though Paris :lol:

I know she said in the E! True Hollywood Story that an east coast soap wanted her after she was fired. I wonder if it was OLTL again or one of the other 5 filming in NYC at that time. She stated they were no longer interested after they spoke to Bill Bell.

• Members

Courtney left OLTL in August 1983. Rauch came in as EP in August 1984. It seems unlikely that anyone knew a year in advance that Rauch was coming to the show. However, I often wondered what would have happened if their paths had crossed at OLTL. I think Courtney would have headed for the hills at the first whiff of a mention that he was on his way there. :o

• Members

She was married to Stuart Brooks, but I don't know if Jill and Lorie had many scenes. I would love to hear about any scenes Jill has had with the Brooks sisters. I'm sure they would have been quite entertaining. She must have had some with Chris as Chris was her sister in law. I guess I'm more trying to find out if she was ever involved in any storylines with them.

• Members

Honestly, honestly, at least on B&B...have you ever seen McCook have chemistry with anyone? The dude is a chemistry black hole.

But everyone has chemistry with Flannery. And MTS in a b!tch-fight with Flannery....I'm so there for that!

I recall some scenes around the time of the Stuart wedding...but not many.

Y&R always kept different stories in different orbits, with very little interaction. Thus, Jill seldom interacted with the Brooks girls. I do remember she wanted to befriend them during the wedding, but she was rebuffed.

• Members

I know that Lorie and Jill had one pretty hostile scene when Jill did the tracheatomy on Stuart when he was choking on the bone. Lorie thought Jill was trying to kill Stuart.

I can remember them having other scenes too. Just not as many as with other folks.

I know I saw it reported the other way back then and even have seen it reported as so since then. I think the story went that OLTL wanted Rauch and knew from early talks he would not work with Courtney and vice versa - so they let Courtney go.

One of the books about soaps published in the 90's remembers it that way too, but I can't remember which one now.

• Members

She cleaned out her dressing room only because Y&R doesn't allow actors back on set and she wanted to clear out her own stuff. Right now, I do think it's very likely she'll leave which is sad, but she isn't being a team player. I liked how Jess Walton outright quit and didn't play any games. It was only when she realized this is happening to everyone, she's just first, that she decided to return. Melody is playing games and expecting them to bow down to her which isn't going to happen. No other soap is going to pay her even what Y&R's budget cut is offering her. I mean, Ricky Paull Goldin took a paycut to go from GL to AMC which is bizarre considering how broke down GL is. Plus she's not guaranteed story or a popular character that works on another soap.

Honestly, I think Sony is doing the right thing at Y&R. They're making everyone take equal cuts which levels the playing field. As much as they make, they'll still be making over a million per year. I'm not crying for any of them. Now it's based more on who wants to be a team player and who wants to be greedy. Even the writers and Raunch took cuts according to Nelson. My biggest wonder is who ELSE is going to be leaving.

• Members

I don't know I still have a hard time with this team player [!@#$%^&*].

I think it is sad that you give a show 30 years and in the end you have nothing to show for it. Some of these folks made decisions early in their careers to stick with the show when it would have been feasible for them to leave and try to do other things. I know that the likelihood they would have suceeded was against them but many of them never took the chance.

Now they are expected by fans and the shows to bend over the desk and take it when they have put in their dues.

Whatever the decision they make I can't say they aren't being team players. After 30 years I think you reach a point where you don't have to be and to look at someone and say well he is a team player and that makes him better than someone else.

I know they are tough times, but whatever decision Melody makes is hers to make and she will have to live with it. I won't. Whatever it is though I won't think any less of her.

• Members

It's really not weird. RPG needed AMC more than AMC needed RPG. I think the market favors management right now, not the actors. There are some exceptions, but I think it's hard to know who they are until it's too late.

• Members

I can see the idea behind everyone having to take a cut, and I know they're going to the actors who are reaching the end of their contracts, or cycles, but Y&R has such a big cast, if they are that in need of money, there's plenty of dead weight to get rid of. Then there's the writing for Nikki, which has been phasing her out of a central role for what I'd say seems like a year.

• Members

I don't care what happened to Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn - for fu.cks sake they weren't even worth the money they were making...

I also don't care about Susan the Good Semaritin Lucci and her drastic paycut.

Do I care that Jess Walton QUIT the show (after some were covering saying she was fracking ill), and later said nope I need the money and returned? Let me get this straight, if someone was trying to lowball you and screw you around, why should you gleefully accept? You shouldn't just give in to the higheups that's how they F.U.C.K around with people, when they know that you will always cave into their demands. That last part isn't in response to Jess, I like her.

All I care about is that once again Mel Scott is being screwed around by the higher ups, and her cast mates (like the nameless bi.tch who is an "EX" co-star mind you, talking about shi.t that should be irrelevant to them) still show no respect. For the past three fricking years this woman has carried the show, and now these people want to play around. For me it's not about the money, but rather the blatant lack of respect.

P.S. Eric Braeden better take a Susan Lucci paycut too!

Archived