Y&R: Shocking Role Recast

• Members

I really want to know what Eric Braeden thinks of all of this but I have a feeling the cast won't be allowed to discuss it until the legal issues with Engen are resolved.

I see plenty of blame for everyone involved. Engen should not have walked of the set. Period. But this is the not the first time the producers have screwed up and it's mainly tied to their lack of communication. The Nia Peeple thing, Jess Walton walking when she thought she alone had a to take a pay cut, Melody Thomas Scott being humiliated with her contract news leaked, Don Diamont angry at how he was let go, and the whole fiasco with Victoria Rowell.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And the first person to say that he quit because he didn't want to kiss a man is Nelson Branco. Sorry, but I need more than that. SOD isn't backing that up, and all of the places that are are saying that their source is TV Guide Canada aka Nelson and his "setside sources." Seriously...Daytime Confidential ran an article about Perez Hilton running an article about Nelson running an article. WTF? I ain't no Andy Rooney, but what kind of journalism is that? The grown-ups are waiting to get actual word either way from people who actually matter (ex: people who aren't "setside sources").

• Members

Goddammit. I go away from the boards for a few days and all hell breaks loose. I'm sorta sad I missed it.

I won't comment on this issue much further except to say that the people who actually liked Engen and his portrayal of Adam and the Heather/Adam pairing (myself included) are the biggest victims in this case. I'm sorry to see him go as a viewer, regardless of the reasons behind it.

• Members

There is no such thing as soap journalism. There barely ever was, though some elevated the work, did good interviews and pressed where the could, mostly ten to twenty years ago. It's mostly a gossip mill.

• Members

This thread is so - wow. Some people here should go work for Fox News, they know how to creatively call the sky everything but blue.

Oh and FYI the Gay mafia does exist - watch your backs, literally. [insert evil ghey laugh]

• Members

The reason I can't go with the reasoning Kwing is using is because actors routinely play rapists, murderers, etc. and we don't see them threatening to walk. Why is it okay to play that, but not gay?? It's a clear prejudice. You aren't being asked to represent yourself or your own beliefs, you're asked to fully immerse yourself into the life of a fictional character. It's very black and white, IMO.

Archived