Y&R: Week of May 18, 2009

• Members

I logged on just to say how much I loved Jill sticking up for Lily, even if I don't really care for Lily.

And I love how Jill gets on so well with Neil.

WOW y'all, 6 pages and it's only the first half hour of Monday's show. :D

And AMC needs a daily thread... ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hopefully it is a sucky paycheck then. Any chance that they are writing Tyra and Devon as no longer blood so that he can get it on with his Auntie? I still maintain that he didn't interrupt Neil and Tyra before they got busy was because he had to go behind the Indigo curtain and jerk off.

• Members

First, because she knows what he can be. She understands why specifically he failed with Sharon. (And she mostly blames Sharon). She sees enough gold in the manure heap that she is willing, for now, to hold her nose and dig.

As it was written, she VERY CLEARLY took the high road. She tried to understand, AND she understood that there were more important things -- their love, their family -- that were worth not discarding at the first sign of trouble.

I gained so much respect for her. She's not a doormat. She's not saying f*ck around all you want. She's saying "we shall overcome" and "I can be the strong one". Indeed, in her good behavior here (forgetting her laspes for a minute), she has shown how MUCH she has grown.

I actually agree with the first paragraph here...EVENTUALLY. In other words, I think that this is a real risk...if Phyllis tolerates too much, she does look like a weak doormat.

For now, though, Phyllis is still COMMITTED. I don't mean to sound all "papal" (I'm not), but I really respect that she's fighting for larger principles. She's trying to hold on to the good DESPITE the bullsh!t. Phyllis knows she has "sinned" in her day...but she also believes she came out of it a better person. She's trying to hold on to that--the possibility of redemption and getting past it--and serving as the strong anchor for Nick.

Of course, if the cheating goes on and on and on...well, I'll change my mind. Also, Nick has lost a LOT of rooting value for me through this.

But if he's back to reassuring Phyllis and trying to honor his commitment to her, I can also get back to forgiving the character.

The "strong and independent" woman you describe works fine for a single gal. It DOES NOT WORK for someone in a committed relationship. Sometimes you MUST relinquish strength and independence in the service of larger relationship goals. To be ABLE to do that, when at the core you are strong and independent, is the greatest kind of strength of all.

Phyllis has shown it.

Nick better be worth it!

• Members

I am all for it!

On one condition: it has to end somewhere. The repetitiveness is amazing, appalling! Fifty million weekly threads cluttered with Tammin Sursok, then dream casting, now the killer triangle... :o

In any occurrence... This will never stop...

• Members

Once again Mark, almost none of this is in the writing, and you're rationalizing something that's completely written absurdly.

Where is Sylph to tear it apart? :lol:

This whole triangle is misogyny at its finest...

Phyllis IS a DOORMAT, I don't care what you say. You don't have to compromise your individual integrity to stay in a relationship, especially when you're being abused, emotionally or physically.

The fact that she blames mostly Sharon and not Nick is absurd.

Archived