V: Discussion Thread

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did love V the first series.

Now a question, the priest that is in the clip, he played that reporter guy that was in the first series right

Now the woman (the FBI agent) that is in the clips what is her name. I know that I have seen here before and it seems that s soon as I get it, it goes away again. (She would be in this series what the Dr was in the last one.)

And Anna = Diana

The reporter seems familiar as well.

Not sure but was there the army guy (or at least I think he was army) in the bit where the protester says every man, woman & child.

ETA - Now I know where I have seen her before, a workmate that I showed the clip to said that she was in Lost

• Members

No, that was Marc Singer. This is Joel Gretsch. He's been in some other scifi stuff before and he's also married to one of William Shatner's daughters. But there is a striking resemblance between the two actors. I'll predict right now that Singer will make an appearance/cameo (but not as Mike Donovan) as a little homage to the original...and because he doesn't seem to be working much these days!

Elizabeth Mitchell. And just cuz I tend to remember trivia, lol, her original series counterpart would be Faye Grant, who's married to Stephen Collins of "7th Heaven" and the first Star Trek movie. (This is beginning to be "Six Degrees of William Shatner.") :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

My only problem is that, even though they've changed the situation, we know the big premises. Alien is bad, eats rats. Some earthling (probably Lourdes) will get pregnant, and we'll wonder what's gonna come out of her.

Keeping this original and shocking is going to be difficult...at least for old people like me.

• Members

Who is Lourdes? I'm thinking this time it might be the Visitor that gets pregnant. That one girl seems to have her eye on Tyler. I don't mind so much that the major premise is already spoiled. There are a lot of new directions this show could go in since the original only had one season. The question for me is can they keep the drama up with the resistance? Right now resistance seems downright futile, but TPTB must have a plan.

I've seen the original in syndication and somehow the characters seemed better, but maybe that will change over time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This last episode was good. I wonder what that whole "Bliss" thing is about. I can't wait to see that explained further. And now we have at least one alien baby on the way. I just wonder why the V's didn't seem to pick up on that when that lady went to them for her exam, I mean, if they can scan people on a cellular level.

• 2 months later...

Archived