V: Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was sad, but he was in a lot of pain over the death of his family. Not to mention all the torture. I was almost glad to see him at peace. I still like this show, but I don't think it's doing very well in the ratings. Seems like Sci-Fi on broadcast TV is going through as rough a time as soaps.

• Members

I wanted to like V because I like the cast and am a sci fi fan, but just can't. There are too many plot holes and worse, I don't think that the writers know the answers to any of the questions. The episodes don't have much action and mostly make no sense.

• Members

The problem for me is more about the characters. For some reason, I'm having a hard time connecting to them even though I like some of the actors. I've felt that with a number of prime time shows lately. I'm starting to think that commercials take up so much time per episode now that their isn't enough time for character development these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I feel the same way, and don't care about any of the characters. For some reason it is coming back to ABC mid-season but by then will anyone remember to watch it? Hopefully they take the time to think of some story to tell because for a sci fi show it is rather dull. I'm not going to watch multiple seasons to MAYBE find out what the V's are after. In the original weren't humans a food source?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think so. I also think they were taking water in massive amounts. I wonder if this time the entire planet is the point. I've had the feeling that maybe their own planet no longer exists in this version. I wonder what that red stuff Anna released was?

Anyway, like you, I'm very surprised this show was renewed. It's going to need a major overhaul if it's going to survive beyond next year.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Well, this show didn't make it, but there is a similar show coming to TNT that looks good. Here is the promo:

http://www.tnt.tv/dramavision.jsp?cid=87324&oid=81643

Steven Spielberg is the executive producer and Noah Wyle is the lead.

It really kills me that V died right when they brought in Jane Badler and Marc Singer. If only the show had started with them.

Archived