Cougar Town: Discussion Thread

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Yeah, the show just go way better in the second half when it transitioned to being about family and friends (it's more of an ensemble now), and ditched the whole 'cougar' theme.

Loved the opening credits: "still" Cougar Town. :lol:

And the drinking game of combining two movie titles is awesome - so going to use that! LOL

• Members

Love the show. Liking the second season better than the first, and that's sayin something because I loved the first one.

I would love to see Lisa Kudrow do another guest spot...Her episode was hilarious. "You need to turn down the perky dial just a little bit." haha

"Still" Cougar town cracked me up!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I love that show has "cool games" like penny caaaaan, the movie game, the drinking games, and now truth gun.

I think this was the funniest scene of the series so far:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1dH1PwNBSE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1dH1PwNBSE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1dH1PwNBSE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I find the show is always good for some chuckles, but something always is kinda off putting to me. Just little things--I hate the little guitar strum after every scene (was that in Scrubs too? I seem to remember it, but barely watched that show) and while the show has been better as it's become an ensemble show, sometimes I find the friends bitchiness and smugness with each other just a bit too much... But I guess that's also the appeal to many.

• Members

I agree. I love the show and think its funny, but I wish they didn't have to have everyone be so bitchy towards each other all the time. Its kind of like the last years of Will and Grace, where you were like "Why do those people hang out together so much if they hate each other!" The Ellie character I get as she is supposed to be a bitch but everyone else?

• Members

I like it too--I just want to like it more--I only really was made aware of how overly bitchy everyone can be the other week when I watched with my mom who if anything is a bit overly sensitive to that kind of humour--and I noticed how most of the big jokes made her flinch more than laugh. LOL Your comparison with the last few years of W&G is spot on--after a point you wonder why they're all friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived