The Official "Don't you hate that?" Thread

Shawn

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: Then I guess you and I could never be friends in person (joking here :P). I hate that as well though. Because not only do I have to have people repeat things but because my voice is pretty deep, I often have to repeat things to them myself. So I'm screwed both ways <_<. (Damn funny post BTW. I loved it :lol: )

Don't you just hate when you always have a crush on the people you KNOW you can never have? I am always falling for guys who are cute or have a great personality and then I have to give up that crush because:

1) He has a girlfriend (most of the time. Never fell for a guy who's gay...yet)

OR

2) He's too good-looking to be interested in someone who isn't, by everyone else's standards, attractive

OR

3) He doesn't like my type

OR

4) He can only like me as a friend

OR

5) He doesn't like me at all, not even as a friend (this is normally the crappiest out of all of them)

So you find yourself having to get over yourself and admit that it's a waste even liking the person and still try not to be jealous of a) the person he really likes or B) the person he's already with. Gosh, now I feel sad cause this has become one disturbing pattern I don't feel I will ever break :( .

• Members

I'm the complete opposite. Maybe it's because I'm a bit shy, but I can't stand to look at someone else's eyes. I'll look at them and they know I'm paying attention, but when I start thinking about it, I get all uncomfortable and my eyes get watery. LOL!

I don't know why, but too much direct eye contact makes me uncomfortable. And people that like to get all in your face or too close, and touchy-feely people. I gots to have my personal space, fo sho'.

• Members

I'm actually one to not look people in the eye when we speak. I almost always stare at their mouth because it's what's moving, so my eyes are drawn to it, lol. If I'm not looking at their mouth, I'm looking at their hair or their earrings, or something, and then they realize what I'm looking at and they get all self-conscious and ask what I'm staring at, lol. (example:"OMG, I know my hair looks bad but you don't have to stare.") Most of the time I don't even notice the thing that they are freaking out about.

It happens a lot. I guess I should learn to make eye contact. :lol:

crc, I totally understand about the personal space thing. My senior year I had a teacher who loved to get right up in your face when she spoke. She would talk and then just keep getting closer to you until BAM!! she was right in your face. I would always back up, but even then, she'd get back up in my face. I couldn't stand it; it makes me nervous.

• Members

Sorry, but no. The fast lane isn't a lane where you're supposed to speed. The fast lane is where you go exactly the speed limit, or close. How is the fast lane meant to be the lane to go OVER the speed limit? That's illegal, LoL

The slow lane is where you go 5 - 10 miles per hour slower than the speed limit.

See, here's my dilemma. I don't want to drive the slow lane, because it takes forever to get anywhere. So, I get in the fast lane, going the EXACT speed limit, and people !@#$%^&*] that I'm going too slow. Excuse me?! I shouldn't have to break the law and get a ticket just to please the car behind me. It's not legal to speed no matter WHICH lane you're in. The only times you're allowed to really accelerate is when you're passing a car, and only then do you accelerate until you've made the pass.

Go back to driver's ed, LoL

Archived