The Official "Don't you hate that?" Thread

Shawn

• Members

Here's the thread to tell the board the little things in everyday life that annoys the crap out of you. You know you shouldn't let them, but your neuroses get the best of you every time.

I'll start.

Don't you hate trying to avoid eye contact with the guy at the urinal next to you, as he tries to do the same?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, yeah I was gonna post this the other day actually. Its just an awkward situation IMO going to the bathroom beside someone you dont know. Sometimes I admit I might want to take a looksie at, but what if the guy sees me look, its just out of curiousity to just glance and see what he has.

Dont you hate it when some people just get too close to you when they talk to you, those that get like less than a foot away talking right at your face, it just makes me somewhat uncomfortable wanting to slowly step back without them noticing.

• Members

Don't you just hate it when people with cellphones have no regard for others around them? They will always keep it on "Loud" no matter what event they go to and they'll never try to lower their voices if they have to take a call.

And while we're on the topic of cellphones, don't you hate it when it seems like they're talking to you when they're really on their wireless hands-free? Drives me nuts, especially when they don't change their tone of voice so you respond to them as though they're having a convesation with you.

• Members

I hate it when I'm getting on an elevator and it's no secret that I hate to be in one with a stranger. So, the minute I hop on... some strange person comes running, trying to make it on before the doors close. Of course, I don't try anything to keep the door open, because the entire time, I'm hoping that they won't make it. And then they do, and that's when it gets really awkward. I'm in an elevator with a total stranger AND he knows that I didn't want him to make it. And on top of it all, we're both standing there, acting as if the other person doesn't exist at all. There's only so many times, though, that you can sigh, look around at the pretty elevator decor, look at the panel... everything to avoid looking at or speaking to the other person. It'd be best if they just didn't get on the elevator and waited until I was off and it was empty again. Bastards.

That sucks.

• Members

Another thing, I hate it when I'm in the "fast lane," but cars go around me and pass as if I'm going too slow.

When will people realize that the fast lane IS for cars who want to drive faster -- but it STILL HAS TO BE BELOW THE SPEED LIMIT! Just because you're in the fast lane, it doesn't give you an automatic pardon to speed to your heart's desire. And just because I choose to go the speed limit exactly doesn't mean that I belong in the slow lane.

So, stop passing me, !@#$%^&*]es!

I also hate it when I'm in the middle of an argument, saying something really smart and poignant to prove myself right... and right in the middle of it, I totally forget what the hell I was saying. Then I feel like an idiot for having this conversation, rambling on and on, without ever getting to the point I was trying to make. Of course, as soon as the argument is over, the point comes back to me, but by then it's too late and I'll seem desperate to prove myself right by getting back on the old topic and finishing my smart explanation, making me look like a total prick who just can't give it up. And it all happens simply because I'm an idiot and forget the point I was trying to make in the first place.

I also hate it whenever everyone around me just loves and adores someone I absolutely hate! At work, I work side by side with this woman -- this total !@#$%^&*]. She's such a brown noser to all the bosses, and she's such a nicey-nice, pretending to be so sociable and funny to everyone around. Then when they're all gone, she acts like a total !@#$%^&*]. I hate her, and they all love her. And I can't make it known that I hate her or else everyone will think that I'm the one with the problem, so I just have to go along with it and smile as if I just adore her and think she's sooo funny and witty. She's got them all snowed, the !@#$%^&*].

• Members

OMG, I know exactly how you feel. I HATE that. I also hate when people ride on your [!@#$%^&*] bumper as if it's a signal to drive faster. Ofcourse though, I'm going to drive faster because I didn't want them on my bumper to begin with.

Another thing I hate is when I'm going to tell somebody something, but they either ignore me, or don't hear me. So I'll repeat myself once more, and then they'll be like "What?" By that time, I'm just like "Nevermind." Only when I say, "Nevermind" are they interested in what I [!@#$%^&*] had to say; so annoying. Then they beg me to tell them what I was going to say and I'll tell them that it doesn't really matter (like it's something petty), yet they still want to know. So after all the begging, what I tell them lets them down because they were expecting so much more, lol. -I have no idea if that made much sense?

I also HATE repeating myself. I will only repeat myself twice. If the person can't hear me after the second time, then [!@#$%^&*] it. Buy a damn hearing aid because I will not repeat myself again.

Archived