Y&R:Shocking Devon spoiler

• Members

I wonder has anyone ever in the world convinced Mark of something? Has he ever changed his mind? Instead, he just accepts it, rationalises, emanates the passenger within, disagrees with it and moves on. Which is OK, this is just a matter-of-fact. Nothing else.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What does it matter if Tyra isn't related to them by blood? She still did her best trying to raise Ana. Why does it matter? Does it matter that Devon isn't related to the Winters? No. That's not something you have to shout through the rooftops, IMO. Just like Ashley's situation.

Why is it so hard to write for the Winters?

• Members

I don't think Sharon's klepto was an attempt at making her a criminal, but I think they were trying to make a surface attempt at showing how far she'd gone, without actually delving into her problems. They barely touched what she was doing before she went right back to sleeping around and being about men. Then it was as if she'd never stolen anything.

That part is what reminds me of Sheffer. Hinting at very dark issues without knowing how to actually write them.

• Members

What does wig modeling have to do w/ being a villainess? :lol:

QUOTE (Chris B)
What does it matter if Tyra isn't related to them by blood? She still did her best trying to raise Ana. Why does it matter?

I'm not sure, but wouldn't this jeopardize her being Tyra's legal guardian?

• Members

Humanized? What was she before? A puppet? (Don't anyone answer that!)

Perhaps, you'll change your mind when doves fly out of Ana's ass, and Auntie Virginia teaches Neil and Devon a lesson of acceptance?

• Members

I look forward to the therapy session. I was just let down because I wanted to know more about her past, and more scenes with Doris, instead of the sleazy scenes with Billy, or seeing Nick treat her in a way which ensured I'd never want to see Sharon and Nick together again. I don't know why this story had to become about sex and babies. Maybe that was the plan all along, I don't know.

I think the show just needs a headwriter who knows how to pace stories.

As for the Winters and Tyra, I know the backlash they'll face, but I think they need to write all of them out. I'm sure they'd keep Lily, since she seems to have a fanbase, but even if they didn't, the show wouldn't suffer a big loss.

• Members

Devon was sceptical about Tyra in the beginning and it looks like his instincts were right. If Devon is going to be put on the back burner, having him go off to look for his father is a good way to do it.

QUOTE (Chris B @ May 13 2009, 06:13 PM)
What does it matter if Tyra isn't related to them by blood? She still did her best trying to raise Ana. Why does it matter? Does it matter that Devon isn't related to the Winters? No. That's not something you have to shout through the rooftops, IMO. Just like Ashley's situation.

Why is it so hard to write for the Winters?

It matters because it means that Tyra and Yolanda are not sisters, and that she(Tyra)has been lying from jump street. This is not about her raising Ana, it's about her lying about who she and Ana really are.

Archived