Another World

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@vetsoapfan tagging you as Janice Lynde is attending this AW 60th event. 

Such a drab character she had to play, but I'm glad she is still involved. 

I wish much more of Barbara Rodell's time on the show was available. It's forever a shame what was lost. 

Susan Keith was so wonderful as Cecile that it's hard at times to even see Nancy's take as the same character, although Nancy was a wonderful comedienne. 

• Members

I have the same thoughts about Linda Gibboney and Robin Mattson on Santa Barbara.

I love watching Susan Keith as Cecile in old episodes. The Cory Complex was such a sophisticated set before every single soap decided they wanted to be GH and Cecile became an 80s cliche under (the wonderful) Nancy Frangione.

• Members

Janice has a fantastic sense of humor. It's a shame that no show has snatched her up and used her. So much more vibrant than the Tracy character.

I wish I could see more of Susan Keith as Cecile. What little I have seen has been fantastic, but Nancy is the Cecile I grew up with. Different takes, but each of them fit the character well with where the show was at the time. (Until Cecile became .... <coughs>)

• Members

This is a list of actors who appeared on AW who later went on to have success in primetime or film or the theatre. Do you know of anyone not on this list, who should be? Thanks.

ANOTHER WORLD: Christine Baranski, Amy Carlson, Marcia Cross, Charles Durning, Kathyrn Erbe, Faith Ford, Morgan Freeman, Kelsey Grammer, Michael Gross (1981), Jackee Harry, Melissa Joan Hart, Anne Heche, Audra Lindley, Ray Liotta, Lindsay Lohan, Nancy Marchand, Rue McClanahan, Julian McMahon, Chris Noth, Luke Perry, James Pickens, Jr., Brad Pitt, Nicolas Pryor, Eric Roberts, Kyra Sedgwick, John Saxon, Ted Shackelford, Susan Sullivan, Dolph Sweet, Ann Wedgeworth, Billy Dee Williams

• Members

Nancy really was Cecile.  No offense to Susan.  Its almost like Rachel's Robin vs Victoria.  Same character different producer writer reinventing the same person.  I thought Janice Lynde was great.  Especially in 1980 the ratings and show tanked bad within one year and bringing someone other than acting talent like singing was a desperate and hopeful idea.  She had a great voice and bought much character back to the show. 

Edited by denzo30

• Members

I have conflated Dustin Trent and Drew Marston in my mind for years now and I have been somewhat surprised to discover that they are actually two distinct people.

I guess Drew Marston was mostly during the strike -- if I recall correctly he had faked his death in order to incriminate Mac and there was a whole lot of fuss about whether Mac would be charged given that there was no corpse. Was that part of Iris' plan? 

Dustin seems not to have been working with Iris and had his own agenda where somehow fortuitously he met Amanda through a prostitution ring pretending to be a video dating service and she turned out to be a double of his wife Julia that Evan had had an affair with. What are the odds! (No greater I suppose than that of the resemblance between Rachel, whom Carl had been obsessed  with since at least 1985, and Justine, whom Carl had had an affair with at least 15 years before that based on Ryan's age.) But it was Drew, wasn't it, and not Dustin, who managed to get a picture that looked like he and Amanda were having an affair and that was published in the newspaper in order to humiliate Amanda as part of Iris' plan?