Another World

• Members

Yep. That is exactly what Goutman should have done. To a tee. I hate to be too critical of him but he really bungled the finale. The video recordings so the actors could speak directly to the fans, well, that one thing was brilliant. Enough said. 

Okay, one more thing. I do not think they went to a lot of trouble to try to get Bev. Getting in touch with an actor you want to come onto your show is pretty much business as usual. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
forgot something

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make that the audience in 99 may not have even know Bev.  She had left the show 20 years earlier.  For us long time fans, that would have been great to see her but ideally Carmen would have been the choice I think the network would have wanted. 

• Members

I know that some people disliked it, but they used Sam Groom, who had previously played Russ, as the officiant at Cass and Lila's wedding. If they could not think of a way to use Iris well they might have been able to come up with a way for Beverlee and/or Carmen to play some other part that would deliver fan service and acknowledge the performers. (On the other hand although I had liked both John Aprea and Alice Barrett and I don't object in theory to actors playing different roles I wasn't thrilled with Alexander Nikos or Anne O'Donnell, so maybe it would not have worked.)

• Members

I love the fact they flew Sam Groom all the way from California to be on the final episode.  But I hated that he played the minister.  Groom should have played Russ Matthews.  Russ was Josie's father and Rachel's first husband. Russ could have reconnected with Josie, and could have reminisced with Rachel  for a few minutes.  Why not give the audience one old legacy character in the final week?  Oh, I forgot -- Goutman okayed the Gorilla, but said no to Russ Matthews.  Jeeze-Louise.   

• Members

Why is it hard to believe that fans in 1999 wouldn't remember BM's Iris? Soap fans, as every thread on this board can attest, have a loooong memory and it's not like 20 years at the bottom of the ratings had garnered AW some new influx of viewers.