B&B: Bill Bell vs. Bradley Bell

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1987-1992 B&B was practically identical to 1970s Y&R in terms of characters and storylines. The peak years IMO were Sheila's first run from May 1992-May 1995.

I found things began to go downhill during Sheila's second run, October 1995-October 1998. The storylines began to get stale and repetitive. I tuned out in 1999 shortly after the Jabot/Newman/Forrester storyline wrapped up.

• Members

Who wrote the infamously botched male sexual abuse story? I forget the details but I know people really didn't liek the outcome of what was at the time a groundbreaking soap story.

To be fair even those praising early B&B have said that so much of its first 4+ years was aped from early 70s Y&R that it was sometimes ridiculous. But I can't comment, all I've seen from that era was the first two weeks of the show when they were posted online. I enjoyed them--classic Bill Bell but I did recognize some reused story ideas--one interesting point and I dunno how long this lasted, much like early Y&R the show initially revolved around a quite poor off familya nd a very wealthy one--early 70s Y&R often had this dynamic too somethign that both shows (and indeed most soaps in general) seem to have forgotten now.

Interesting in the long Museum Archive interview with Bill Bell he strongly implies he is NOT that pleased with what Bradley's doing at B&B at the moment and may interfered more. lol (Was it done in 1998? I can't remember)

Archived