a new network idea for both GL and ATWT!

• Members

I think that P&G should try and get both GL & ATWT on OWN aka the Oprah Winfrey Network I think that would be the most ideal place for both show's. OWN would get two show's that would attract a loyal fan base something that a new network looks for. both show's could be the mouring block

what you all think could OWN be a solution for a new home for GL and maybe even ATWT?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OWN hasn't been officially launched yet. It will debut in the second half of 2009 but it already has guarantees from most cable and satellite providers to air it on the channel currently occupied by Discovery Health, so it will be available in roughly 70 million households. It's a joint venture with the Discovery Channel.

If ESPN can broadcast Monday Night Football and the BCS championship games can all move off network and over to cable, I don't see why a cable channel with the resources of both Oprah Winfrey and the Discovery Channel family at it's disposal couldn't produce GL and/or ATWT in the current, more cost-effective production model if they wanted to. I don't think that it's likely but it's not impossible. It could be a good way for them to build a mid-day audience.

Hallmark isn't a terrible idea either. I'd much prefer that to Soapnet.

I also wonder if the gay community's support for the Otalia story is strong enough to tempt LOGO, which is owned by CBS's parent Viacom, to consider taking GL on.

• Members

Only if they kill off all the straights first :).

Think Loving-->The City. A serial killer systematically murders all the heterosexuals in Springfield. When it is over, the few remaining homos (Otalia, Doris, and some closet cases we never realized) decide that damn lighthouse freaks them out too much and they need to start fresh. So, they all pick up and move to Bay City, which has become a queer mecca because of the nude beaches on the bay.

Logo will commision 6 episodes, and then rerun them daily for the next six years.

What would the new title of this gay spinoff be?

Archived