AMC: Soapnet April Preview

• Members

"All My Children": April Preview

March 30, 2009 2:00 PDT By Jesse Murray

Adam's back. In a big way. He kicks off a big story in April.

Want more "All My Children"? April showers bring a deluge of craziness to Pine Valley; thankfully, the residents of our beloved hamlet have each other -- and the glamour of Erica Kane -- to get them through the rough times. But it may not be enough!

As if Kendall's life needed anymore complications, Zach decides that -- despite a divorce -- he's moving back in with her. He's not going to be denied any time with his children, even if things aren't working out between them. No one has time to yell at the other about this, because Ian gets very sick, very fast, with a life-threatening heart condition. Mutual worry over their child brings the almost-exes closer together, but that doesn't make the situation conflict-free. For little Ian's life may depend on three other parties. David, world renowned heart surgeon, is one of them. But what do Adam and his nephew, newly returned Scott Chandler, have to do with any of this?

Adam's at the center of a major new story and when it starts, he's not even there! Y'see, Adam goes missing and JR, Tad, and Erica all work their various magic to try to find him. When he does show up something is &. off with him. He's got a big secret he's been keeping and he needs Erica's help with it. Actually, Adam's got TWO big secrets, and one of them impacts Krystal. As if she doesn't have enough problems. Little Adam's custody is finally decided, and (as you'd probably guess) everyone and their sister makes their case. But Adam's actions end up taking the whole battle in a different direction.

Eden Riegel returns to the role of Bianca Montgomery on April 24th. Given all the issues she and Kendall have to work out (they weren't exactly bosom buddies when Binks left), it's bound to be complex. And Reese has been telling everyone that she's going to win Bianca back, so now's her chance.

Bianca is not the only character returning to their old stomping ground this month. Liza Colby returns! Except now, she has red hair and looks like Jamie Luner. We are totally psyched for this because we loved Jamie on "Melrose Place" and "Savannah" (she also achieved sainthood, in our eyes, for being on "Just the Ten of Us"). Anyway, Liza's back -- and she's armed with a law degree, even more executive realness, and has her own agenda. Who will her return impact? Why don't we review some of the people in town tied to her (most of whom don't like her): Jake, Adam, Tad, Colby, Erica, Marian, Stuart, David, Krystal, Ryan ... Yeah; sleek red-headed pebble gets thrown into the pond of Pine Valley, causes big ripples. Stay tuned.

With Aidan's help, Annie started to figure out the reason why she is so crazy AND hates birthday cake so much. A win-win!

All this, PLUS: Amanda and Jake make moves towards romance; Tad sees a new angle on a past event that kicks off a whole new rivalry with Adam; Opal starts having more visions (and we know what that means); Erica may have a new romantic partner -- and it's someone we've never seen her with; and WHO is Zach getting with??

http://soapnet.go.com/soapnet/article/path...children/page_1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh lord, one of Kendall's children is sick again. Joy.

Opal's visions are stupid and a lazy writers crutch.

No spoilers for Angie/Jesse/Frankie? Shameful. It's sad day when [!@#$%^&*] Krystal has more story than Erica, Angie, Jesse and Tad.

• Members

Law school is 3 years, so yes it's possible.

I'm wondering about Erica's new man. Whom have we never seen her with? Might she be paired with a younger character? I would love to see her in another May-December romance. Remember her and Charlie Brent?

• Members

Possibly Tad and Erica? I've been wondering for years when they'd get around to finally pairing them. That could be interesting. Is the writing on the wall for Walt Willey? No love interest for Jack, and his children have all been written off the show. I could see Frons forcing him to go recurring.

• Members

I was hoping it would be Zach. Susan Lucci has always had more chemistry with Thorston Kaye than Alicia ever did!

I actually could really enjoy Ryan & Erica having a fling. I suspect Erica seduces him in some convoluted scheme to get Kendall back with her husband.

• Members

Ah okay. I figured it could be possible, but I wasn't sure.

As for Erica and Ryan......?!?!?!??!?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Am I the only one who always got mother/son vibes from the two of them? I mean, Ryan Lavery could never be the fabulous son of the fabulous HurriKane Erica, but I always got a maternal feeling from her to him. Having them [!@#$%^&*] would explode my brain.

Archived