AMC: Thorsten Kaye Has Re-Signed

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is what they were supposed to be doing in the beginning and they do have a few stories going on but there is a group of people that get together and discuss the shows and the polls that they take and obviously it wasn't happening. The ratings are more up when the stories are more about Zach and Kendall. Remember when they were going to do more Adam and Erica and that didn't happen at all. There are some on the show that I don't really care about as I am sure you don't either but at least now with the Zach and Ryan feud that has gotten my attention and quite honestly I am really liking the shows alot now. I am not bored at all. I do miss Tad being in a relationship but supposedly he will be ;paired with Taylor last I heard. it could have changed by now but think about it there are lots of stories going on now. That is more than I can say for the last group of writers.

• Members

Woohoo thank you TK! Oh and the OLTL rumors were just that: rumors. What sense would it have made for TK to go to work AGAIN for Frons on another show, when he would have left AMC cause of Frons and whatever.

Actually she's being ruined for Ryan, I feel sorry for her too though, given her character is a Ryass prop

• Members

I think it's so sad that my initial reaction to this news was to sigh. :mellow: I have liked this character less and less as the months have progressed, and silly fan sheep will of course love him come hell or high water, but if I were TK, I'd be concerned about the character's path/how he's being written. Zach (imo) does awful things without any of the charismatic qualities that make us still love Victor Newman or Adam Chandler. This may be more of an acting problem than a writing problem, and maybe TK enjoys playing the d!ck because God knows misogynistic daytime sends the message loud and clear that women just lurrrve being sh@ on.

i will say though, I don't find TK annoying at all, just Zach. CM on the other hand...

• Members

Not surprising, but what a dumb move. If Thorsten was playing hardball, they should have let him walk.....

if Zendall were all of the sudden off the show.... I doubt it would even be a blip on the radar. My opinion of course.....but its just as valid as the next one.

• Members

The continual focus of ME on OLTL, TK/CM on AMC, and MB/SB on GH has ruined their respective shows. I don't care how big of a fanbase each actor has. They may have a large following but it has never translated into sustained rating increases their show needs. These airhogs are on almost every single day and the line up is still in the crapper and will continue to be there if Frons isn't replaced. Nothing will change Frons' way of thinking.

• Members

Preach it. What about writing good character driven stories too? I think almost all of these actors and characters bring a certain value to the show but not as used or written for the most part. I long for the day it all comes together, I really want to enjoy my soap and all the characters on my soap. You would think writers would see balance as a plus, not a crutch, but on AMC and GH that's just not the case. Balance means more stories, it also gives you more room for error and more room for hits, less annoying repetitiveness. AMC has 2 storylines going (and yeah it's typically 19-20 out of 20), 2 stories literally make up 95% of the spoilers I get weekly. Sometimes there's a great arc and it's worth it to be so story-short on a soap opera, but often this is not the case.

There's a misogyny associated with these actors' characters (ME a little less so in the past year) + Frons + Guza + Pratt. I think that's a big issue, the misogyny associated with the dominant male. The misogyny rips out the heart of each show little by little.

Frons. I don't know if I blame him. I blame him, but like 40/60. He gives story approval/disapproval, he has favorites and he wants his writers to keep them frontburner, he has shown a weird sentiment for older or different characters and solid, classic soap story-telling that probably propels less of it. He hires these writers and EP's that feel similarly. All factual. The thing is ... well, yeah it's pretty much Frons fault, lol.

Archived