AMC: Possible Exit Interview

• Members

Here's some sound bites. Exit interview because it's more honest than past interviews, more frank, more what I liked, what I didn't, etc. So is TB saying fans didn't make this all up in their heads? Has she told that to JHC? Hee. I'm 99.999% sure TB is gone by the end of April, so I just put "possible" because it hasn't been officially reported. TB pretty much says she's gone here (straight-out actually) and she reported to a private party that she was leaving in April back in December.

http://www.shewired.com/Article.cfm?Articl...=1&ID=21755

TEG: Yeah, and you were talking about -- rather seriously -- that her reactions are valid.

TB: They are valid you know. It's the night before her wedding! The biggest problem I have with the story line, and what Reese did, is that I thought we were teasing the audience, you know when the entire town is saying 'oh I don't trust her, I don't trust her, she's bad!" and the two people, and even three -- including Zach -- are fighting to say "Who are you people? She's trustworthy. She's not doing the thing you're imagining and putting pressure on her about." When you make it a reality, the fight loses its impact. You go, 'okay, she's exactly what we thought she was.' Now, I don't think that she's exactly what they thought she was. I think Reese is trustworthy. I think Reese is a human being. But she's imperfect. She's flawed. She's not in love with Zach by any means.

-----

TEG: Is that good enough for you? To take this detour and then come back with a happy ending or were you just wanting it t be smooth sailing?

TB: No, I don't think there should ever be complete smooth sailing. The conflict, and the issues that were dealt with were not the ones that I thought were going to be dealt with. It's the writers and story editors' decision. It's not what I came to play, but I'm playing what they gave me to the best of my ability. And trying to make it real and truthful.

-----

TEG: Yeah, absolutely. Alright, well I don't have too much more for you. I just wanted to ask you if you can tell us about anything that's coming up next for you? Or if you're just in this at the moment, and that's that.

TB: Well I will be finishing up soon, and looking forward to how they wrap the story line up between Bianca and Reese. It will be a happy ending. Or so we've been told... And there's some things in the works, but you know, sometimes I'm a little superstitious. So I should keep it under wraps until something is a done deal. You now it's not done until it's done.

TEG: Gotcha.

TB: But I have my eye on a few things and some people have their eye on me for some things so we'll just see what happens. And I will be more then happy to talk to you at any time about anything, I think you're fantastic and I loved your article.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup. I honestly never thought Tamara was outright lying, Frons/JHC/Pratt probably just lured her in by great ideas which turned out different and not so great. It doesn't surprise me she is leaving since she was tricked, and also I don't think Tamara will stay on a show permanantly unless her character and the story is really really good. Both on Days(well, after the first couple months) and on AMC, the huge great things the fans and her were promised fell flat. That, and she probably never really wanted to get back into soaps in the first place...at least, it comes off like that, or that she just wants a longer break from the genre(as she said when she left Days).

Oh, and I'm noticing AMC is losing alot of the huge casting scoops they had in the Fall(Laura Koffman, Eden Riegel, Tamara Braun, and aside from that Rebecca Budig left).

• Members

Her choice for the exit interview is telling, too. Not only is it NOT a soap rag, it is the gay website that she did press for when she first got on the show. It's like she's saying "Listen, I'm sorry, I wanted to represent... but I was let down and you guys were let down, too."

• Members

I think there will plenty of Zeese stuff before TB leaves. TPTB were always more interested in Zach and Reese's relationship than Bianca and Reese's relationship. I think they will do as much stuff with them as they can before Reese's exit.

I'm glad that TB is leaving. It's too bad. I like her as an actress but her story and her character just turned out awful.

• Members

I value actress's like Tamara Braun for their honesty in situations like this. I really did enjoy her time on AMC, and while I am sad for her to go I really do think it is for the best. She played this role for all it was worth and did not disappoint me. It was her storyline, and while the writers did screw it up, for me anyway she did give it some sort of integrity, especially since Bianca has left. I really wish her all the best...

And a side note.... I hope this once and for all ends the revolving door for Bianca.... just have the happy ending and keep them in Paris. This show can go on without Bianca....... and is better off IMO.

• Members

I'm sad TB is leaving. I'm sadder still that TPTB don't realize that they are screwing themselves when they do things like this. Both ER and TB have a following. There's no excuse for the piss-poor way this story was handled. This could've been the outreach to a whole new audience while bringing back lapsed viewers like myself, but instead the show defaulted to outdated ideas and shot themselves in the foot.

Situations like this one are precisely the reason I can't get all worked up when people start the "save the genre" talk. Because as far as I can see, the genre has killed itself.

• Members

Tamara should have just been recast as Maggie. She and Bianca could have gotten back together off-screen as easily as Bianca/Reese got together. Then the rush to marriage and wanting a baby would have been a little more believable. I liked Liz as Maggie though.

Archived