DAYS: Discussion for the month of March

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I can't believe they showed Tony's accident from Friday's ep in Thursday's preview - talk about ruining it for me! Ugh. Stupid previews. <_<

Friday's scenes with Stefano/EJ were very good. I always love when they're in a tense scene. They were so well together.

Yeah, that was funny.

• Members

Sami & Will were the best part of todays scenes. He had ever right to be angry and lash out and was correct in what he said. I love how Sami was trying to stay clam when all she wanted to do was cry, and then will called her on it. Poor will, Honestly. His life has kind of sucked. Sami's story is good, but its gonna fall apart. I do think it woulda been a nice way to bond Sami & Will if she told him the truth and he helped her cover it up, but i do like the angle they are going with him. "When i was little, there were times i needed you. And you just... weren't there"... so sad. Sami & rafe are love. I am loving how they are writing Sami. These writers have manages to do the one thing past writers have tried and failed at - mature sami, but still keep her sami. I hope they keep it up. I also loved how once Sami started Crying Will walked out - and i loved that rafe was there to confront Will.

The war between the Kiriakis and DiMeras is great. I am loving the tony drama. Nicole by his bed side was great. Lexie trying to get Stefano calm and then trying to keep Tony calm was great. Renee Jones is by far one of the most misused/underused actress' in daytime. But anyways, again im just so happy the focus is off the Brady family. I just wish they would rebuild the Horton family up. (it was such a mistake for Daniel not to be Mike!) The only annoying that is i know we are gonna have to hear Stefano vow revenge against Philip like 200 times. Ehh, at least its not... Vendetta! lol. And oh man, if Nicole backs Philips story Stefano is gonna HATE her!

Im still shocked i dont have a deep hatred of Hope right now like i have my entire life. I actually kind of like her in this supporting role with various people - i guess it is just Bo i hate her with!

Im glad we got a break for the Kate vs Chloe storyline.

I want more Victor/Bo/Philip/Brady scenes!

• Members

I am really annoyed that Tony's death doesn't seem to be much of a mystery. Unless there is still some twist yet to come, it seems we have all the facts. Where is the twist?

That said, I like the Jets vs The Sharks thing they have going and it's too bad Lexie is not sleeping with Philip

But is Victor going to get involved? It seems like we have a bunch of DiMeras and Philip. Granted there are not a lot of Kiriakises but are Bo and Brady going to be involved in any significant capacity? It's just a shame Anna has been ignored all this time.

Sami and Rafe? They will have to get back to me when they have a juicy story. They make a very handsome couple (and with Galen Gering, how could they not be?) but it just seems like we are instore for a month or two of shmoopsy falling in love. That's fine, but it doesn't need to be ultra front burning.

I guess I want to see how the heck Bo's dreams come to be reality, they are that bizarre.

• Members

Just watched the March 30 episode... the first DAYS episode I've seen in months.... and I was very pleasantly surprised. Will's lashing out at Sami made perfect sense (that "Will & Grace" part was so funny) and the hospital scenes were very tense. It was very parred down, wasn't it? Just those two storylines going on for the whole episode... but it made sense!

• Administrator

DiMera vs Kiriakis - It is on now!!! Fantastic episode today, especially the ending with Stefano giving Philip/Victor the stare down - I had a big smile during that last scene....it was good soap opera. :) I also loved Stefano's line how he and Victor were able to co-exist in the same town for so many years without any trouble, and they almost worked together a few times (when was this? I wasn't watching in the 80's). I know EJ vs Philip is going to be played, but I certainly hope we get more of Stefano vs Victor.

I also liked Rafe's talk with Will and how he told him to stop living in the past.

Good stuff today.

• Members

Stefano could've been alluding to several things. They both have served on the hospital board but last Fall they had some scenes concerning the Paul Hollingsworth situation and John's involvement in that. They worked together with that and Victor did work a bit with "Tony" in 2003 when they made a riverfront deal.

For the most part, they have co-existed but they have had moments of tension. In 1991, Stefano imprisoned Victor, who had faked his death, in Mexico. He was found by Bo and Carly. There was also all the times Victor came to Bo and the Brady's aid when Stefano did stuff to them like when Victor assisted in the search for the real Hope after Gina imprisoned her or when Victor helped out in the search for Zack when Lexie took off with him. For the most part, they've gotten along but I also think they pretty much tolerated each other. It wasn't exactly a love fest. More like a mutual respect and understanding.

The show is just awesome right now and I'm glad to see many here are enjoying it too. The show is using history, the stories are moving well, the acting and writing is good...I can only hope the show continues to be rewarded with positive ratings because it deserves it.

• Members

ITA! This is what i think Days is doing the best. Each episode seems to be focus on one or two stories with one story being played under it, and they usually connect. (i.e. as a DiMera dies in the hospital, Sami brings a new DiMera home) Whosever idea it was to pace the show like this was brilliant.

It seems like DAYS is gonna use Victor & Stefano as supporting players in this Philip vs EJ war, much like they used Maggie as a major supporting player in the Lucas/Chloe/Daniel triangle (and contenue to use her, in a reg supporting role than major supporting).

The war between Dimera & Kiriakis is perfection. My biggest hope is that they use Bo and Brady more. Esp with Brady being related to both Victor & Stefano and Bo having such a history with Stefano.

Its so good to see posting. And i couldnt agree more.

Archived