Y&R: Nia Peeples has a HUGE Ego!

• Members

Paul was a consultant. Sony/The Bell family brought him on but CBS also rallied the decision. It is clear this was the best decision for Y&R. It needed Paul's tough hand. I love seeing an old school exec producer telling these young kids to get the freak with the program or your job is at stake. Paul has never pulled punches. Laura Koffman has said her audition with Paul she was so prepared but he was one of the most intimidating man you would ever meet. He did not even look at her when she came into the room and his head was down. As soon as she read her lines all the sudden half way through Paul's face went up and he cracked a smile at the end. She knew she had him. He always been a hardass but if you gain his respect you will learn alot from him. Andrea Evans said Paul was so demanding on her on OLTL in the 80's but she learned more for him the anyone.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember when Branco assured us that Rauch was out at Y&Rafter his consulation ended. What a dope. LOL!

Damn right. The soaps write women like it is the 1950s. Just once I would like a woman save herself or women band together to save themselves or a woman save her man from a dangerous situation. Also, what I would give for ONE woman to head straight to the pharmacy to buy emergency contraception after a night of unprotected sex with a sleazeball and then head to their doctor for a STD test. Join in the 21st century TPTB.

• Members

You always have great stuff Johnnysbro-

Laura Koffman came on OLTL not too long before Rauch left and Gottlieb arrived

I think Paul Rauch and Y&R are a match made in heaven.

I think Y&R and B&B are the only shows exempt from severe network interference and the only shows where an exec producer can REALLY do the job.

• Members

I hope her co-workers do hear her comments and learn to do their jobs. I don't blame her for being aggravated by having her time and the time of the rest of the crew wasted. I've noticed that Eva M doesn't pay any attention and just put it down to the way the character is written, this puts it into a new perspective. In the end if she has to worry about her job for her comments, it's funny since she is the only member of the Newman family lately who performing.

• Members

Clearly you have not seen Deep Star Six. Personally I'd be more embarrassed to be associated with Walker than soaps. This chick's career has been on the skids for something like twenty years and soaps was the logical descent, yet she wants to cop a 'tude on the last place that'll take her.

Especially on young blond women.

And then there's the Lillian Hayman Special.

• Members

One of my biggest eye rolling moments was her little: "When they tried to write me out..." crap. :rolleyes::rolleyes: As if she's this huge formidable presence. Nipples better be careful -- now that they know she's contract cycle savvy, all they have to do is wait until her option comes up, and then do more than just "try" to write her off to New York... and write her into the path of an oncoming big ass Mack truck.

• Members

Exactly.

Without saying too much, this is very similar to the stuff Victoria Rowell did. I mean, she is pretty honest and as admirable as that is, saying(while you are still under contract) that your fellow actors aren't professional won't win you any favors.

She seems like a REALLY nice lady, but these quotes make her sound very arrogant.

• Members

:lol::lol::lol:

Somebody should ask Laura Wright about how "hard" Rauch was on her.

You know, whatever. Maybe NP's an arrogant bitch IRL. Like maybe Eric Braeden is, too. OK, obviously Karen is no Victor Newman. But I think NP is the most vibrant presence in the Tyra/Neil/Ana/Karen clusterfuck right now. Personally I would rather see Karen and Olivia bitchslapping each other than Tyra making goo-goo eyes at Mr. Neil.

• Members

Oh man, I'm just imagining Nia wiping all the crap off Rauch's desk and pulling an Effie White: "AND. I. AM. TELLLLLLLIN' YOU, I'M NOT GO---HO-ING..."

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and it's refreshing (and dishy fun) to hear people be so candid, but you have to be careful. Even if you're the type who'd say something to a person's face just as easily as you would behind his or her back, you really don't want to add tension to the work place. Making your scene partners dislike you is shooting yourself in the foot. Maybe it's all strategy... Nia knows she has what it takes not to crack under Rauch, but she sees some of her co-wokers' weaknesses and putting them on blast like that will either make or break them. ??

• Members

How come?

I think the only difference is that Rowell waited until she got off the show to blast her co-stars and the workplace. Nia is still on the show and not only is she blasting her co-stars, but their work ethic as well.

BTW, LOL @ Nipples.

• Members

Eh. Not so much.

Victoria was attacked without provocation & only then she responded & she gave honest responses to direct questions she was asked in interviews.

Even still she's always remained respectful & loyal to The Bells.

Nia dissed soaps, TPTB, Victoria, Kristoff, Bryton & Eva & refused to leave the show in one fell swoop.

No comparison.

At all.

Archived