Y&R: Nia Peeples has a HUGE Ego!

• Members

It's one thing when you are Victoria frickin' Rowell after years of service. It's quite another when you are Nia "No Room At The Primetime/Film/Infomercial/Canadian Television/Industrial Films Inn" Peeples. Please, you just showed up on soaps like two years ago. And you have no fan presence to speak of.

As for Rauch being "hard on" women, we forgot another one: Maeve Kinkead! Oh, he really taught her a thing or two, huh?!

Edited because I decided I didn't want to be that mean.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My eyes were playing tricks on me. I was skimming the board and swore the subject line read "Nipples as a HUGE Ego!"

BWA-HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! :lol::lol: Tears! OMG! Tears!

So much for Vancouver.

Now, really, Vee... Where's the fun in that?

But seriously, as a former dancer myself, I do have to say that she was on top of her game in Fame... but that can only take you so far. Being a woman who, according to her (since she can't play black, Asian, Italian, white, Native American, Russian, German, Ecuadorian, etc...) doesn't "fit in" anywhere and isn't exactly 25, she should be happy to have a job as a working actress -- even on AGEIST DAYTIME! Quit it with the diva persona. Whatever talent you do have does not make up for a lack of humility.

And let me just chime in on the Victoria Rowell comparisons... She may have commented on problems with co-workers or the environment, but I don't recall her ever making it seem like she just breezes in and does a better job than everyone else in that company and how TPTB tell her she elevates everybody's work. As I said before, that, for me, was what made me say "Okay, enough!" As if the show was merely limping along for the last three decades and then BAM! Nia Peeples comes and everyone's game is automatically stepped up just to reach her extraordinary level of acting!

I mean, I know Victoria said something similar about the ratings boost and how she might have had something to do with it, but that can be debated since Drucilla was a very popular character. As far as this Karen character is concerned... they "tried" to write her out after 18 months. Clearly, they already told you in so many ways, Nipples, that they can pretty much write a show without you. That, to me, would be a sign to say "Okay, let me shut up until I get a little more clout."

• 1 month later...

Archived