OLTL: Discussion for the week February 23

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, he was not A-TALL (as Viki would say :P ) the clown that he is today... that's been an evolution. He was dark and mysterious when Dorian brought him to town with that Irene Manning diary with the fake entries. The comedy started when he got involved with Tina (who believed that he was her brother). They started screwing and the comedy got screwball. David knew all the while that they weren't related, and Tina was in knots b/c she thought she was commiting incest. Wow, I remember a pretty racy scene that started with Tina "dismounting" David as they'd just "finished" if you know what I mean, but I digress. There was also the infamous scene where Blair and Doiran (in a bonde wig) tag-teamed a tied up David. But even then, David wasn't written as broadly as he is now, he was more like Rock Hudson in a Doirs Day movie or something (? I don't really know what I'm talking about referencing those movies, but I'm seeng a connection). Davvid was slapstick at times, but they were still writing him as a charming "hunk" or whatever. Now he's full-fledged Will Ferrell character.

• Members

Clint's a dipwad.

Bravo Ilene Kristen (or is it brava). See what happens when she gets the material she deserves?

Poor David. Poor Bo.

Marty is so incredibly dull. I don't know why they keep her when they couldn't wait to get rid of Andrea Evans.

• Members

Just catching up on this week's shows, and can I say that I LOVED that Addie refused to move into Asa's house because she remembered how Asa terrorized her there waaaaay back when? I remember it well, but would not have if Addie hadn't mentioned it. Way to go, writers!

• Members

Poor Addie, back then my brother used to call her "lunchbox".

Damn you OLTL, for a minute there I was thinking Rex's dad was Mitch, then she had to drop that line to the beaver about Rex's dad being so near him. What's it gonna be???? :P Will Bo turn out to be his dad after all, and suddenly have three sons on his plate? This would also make Rex and Nat first cousins having been raised as brother and sister by Roxie.

• Members

I haven't seen In the Line of Fire for several years, but John Malkovich played an assassin who was obsessed with killing the president. I think your "score board" resembled his blue print for either assassinating the president or constructing a gun used to kill him. Hopefully Vee can explain it better.

• Members

Marty has always been dull and so is her portrayer, SH, which is why I don't quite understand the excitement of Susan's return. She has been a total bore since day1!

I don't really watch the show, but before we start this "whomever is Asa's son", can we PLEASE pinpoint an age?! It really makes no sense that we have gone from Spencer to David and possibly Rex? Ridiculous!

ANDREA

• Administrator

David goes to hug Bo.

Bo: This isn't funny, Vickers.

David: You mean Buchanan....dad.

David: You know, I am a grown man. You can stop treating me like a child. (To Dorian) I'm going upstairs for my nap.

:lol:

I thought it would've been funny if Bo blamed Rex for sleeping with Emma. LOL

I really liked the Ray/Marty scenes - different character interactions is always good. When I'm I going to get my Ray/Dorian scenes? I want to see them battle again.

• Members

I haven't watched OLTL in forever. Boy is the show messed up. It still features tons of bad actors.

Why make David Bo's son? It works better if he is Asa's son.

David to Vicki: He doesn't have a sense of humor because he is a Buchanan now. LOL!

I did like Matthew's new sassy friend. I was shocked to see a black person, much less black child actually have dialogue on OLTL. I thought RC was allergic to black people.

Archived