OLTL: Discussion for the week February 23

• Members

Viki and David and Matthews new friend were the only watchable scenes today.

This paternity garbage is so boring- I just don't care. Does anyone really care?

And I have figured out why I cannot stand Kristen Alderson. She is a frigging horrible actress, not believable in the least as a romantic lead to anyone, much less a 30 year old teacher (VOMIT), nor does she have the looks or charisma to be a leading lady in any medium.

OLTL is really pushing characters in storylines that are just not believable. And all of this constant your father is so and so is just horrible.

Guys, is this show really any better than when Higley wrote it?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The best part of the show for me was Viki/David, no matter what I always enjoy them together. And as much as I love anything Bo/Rex, it was quite boring between them today. Would actually like to see more of Bo and David.

Am so not liking this new chick, Stacy, and when is Viki going to find out she has yet another houseguest.

Sorry to say I think KA is getting worse each passing day, instead of better.

And when did Carlotta start serving beer?

• Members

She must be related to the other bad stereotype who goes around pretending to be the ghost of Mel Hayes.

I don't know why Blair wants to go anywhere near greasy John, or why Dorian is encouraging her. John and Marty deserve each other.

• Members

Wow - there's a lot in that sentence, jinx! LOL! Sadly, I think I agree with it at the moment. Which is a shame. Eight months ago, we were in a totally different place. I still remember you made a brilliant point in a post about Todd, Tina and Viki's stories at the time, and how there were similar thematic elements in all three Lord siblings stories (at least, I think it was jinx_avery... if I'm mistaken, I apologize), and I remember thinking how amazing it was if the writing team had intentionally done that. Now I have to wonder...

• Members

I don't mind Stacy- she fills a vixen gap that this show is sorely lacking anyway.

But as usual, OLTL does not give a new character time to evolve- to introduce to the audience slowly, to warm up to the audience, by featuring them 2-3 times a week. They instantly are brought to the forefront and the audience is supposed to care? Wrong. From what I can see alot of people cannot stand Stacy already and that could have been avoided by not forcing the character on the audience so quickly. It is soap writing 101.

• Members

Yeah, he started with such promise and has devolved into a series of sight gags, one liners and unresolved, emotionless "payoffs". Who knows if it's burnout or the strike or network interference, but there's only been a few flashes of the genius he once exhibited since last spring.

• Administrator

The Carlivati of now isn't the same was the Carlivati of August 07 - mid-Feb 08. Before the strike, the stories had a theme, the show felt like a community, everything connected, there was planning, the writing was tight and there was structure. Then we saw some of that in May and June of 08 but since July.....it really hasn't been the same. I think the show is still good but definitely not as good as pre-strike Carlivati. I think Carlivati's being interefered with because the structure isn't there anymore, nothing's connecting. When stuff like this is happening, you know behind the scenes is not going smoothly.

• Members

I think certain stories still have that tight structure, but it's full of holes depending on rewrites. When it does come together, it's glorious - I think the Buchanan storyline still does, and I am hoping the Rex's father story will, since it's been around a long time. But most of the other stories are a real mess right now. They seem to be wrapping stuff up so I am hoping the show will knit itself together once again.

I'm fully behind Bo being David's father, BTW; I think that dynamic will be legendary. Come on, did Asa need a nineteenth secret child? If you ask me, THAT twist has been planned since last summer. Rex/Bo did not [!@#$%^&*] Emma for no reason. I knew this would happen then.

• Members

THANK YOU!

I have stated from day one that KA should not be the center teen because she is a severely week actress, but for the sake of the time she has spent on this show, I guess I understand. The actress who plays Langston is much better suited for the center because she is truly a good actress. KA is not a good actress - she's just lucky. But because the bar has been lowered to unimaginable levels, it's easy to see why some would think KA does great work. Perhaps they weren't around when real actresses ruled daytime.

OLTL is a show I can watch in the tiniest of doses. It's actually worse than AMC - if you can believe that.

ANDREA

• Members

She is horrible. And very, very, VERY lucky. Some people get lucky because of their looks- David Fumero, and some people get lucky in SPITE of their looks- Kristen.

I don't want to sound so damn mean but my god she is horrible- I rewatched the episode on the DVR.

And I agree with everyone- There is definitely something up behind the scenes(interference, rewrites, ect)

I also think that the show is in yet another transition phase, where stories are ending, alot of characters are leaving, ect.. I will check it out once a week until the Gannons comes back and see where things go.

I really hope that the Schyler/Starr relationship is going to be tweaked as I have seen rumored. That storyline just sickens me. I like this Scott Clifton and it is a shame that he will end up being the heavy in such a sick storyline. And that story would never work on any level with Alderson as his "romantic interest".

Because the girl has zero charisma as a romantic lead (partly because she looks like a 13-14 year old- tops) It makes the storyline that much more disgusting.

I hate seeing a show with so much potential (and a show that somehow can afford anyone castingwise) SUCK so bad.

• Members

I enjoyed all the episodes this week!!! David being Bo's son is awesome, I was against it at first, but I had a change of heart. I don't much care for stacey, but not that she and Mr. J knows each other I am going watch her story as well. I love Matthew's new pal, I hope she sticks around and they make her related to the Hall family (Ed and Carla's granddaughter or something) or related to the Gannons. She is fiesty like should be related to Ephiany on GH, But the show has been awesome this week and I enjoy the use of Vets on this show, just bring back Dr. Wolek or some Woleks, Carlivati!

Archived