Handling the Frontburner

• Members

I think I've said it before---it would have been nice if they just had C.C. or Sophia receive a telephone call from Eden or Cruz about getting back together or something, anything. You've got to give a happy ending to those characters.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG. It's like we're of the same brain. That's EXACTLY what I wanted and expected after it was clear A & Marcy wouldn't be returning. Just a little throwaway scene letting us know that the two characters that made Santa Barbara what it was were happy & together. And I know I've said it before. F.uck YOU Paul Rauch & Pam Long!

• Members

And possibly written by the Dobsons... The world would have to shut down for everything to settle like that way.

But to get back on topic.....

In my opinion, on Y&R, Eric Braeden, Melody Thomas Scott, Peter Bergman, Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper can all do great while on frontburner.

• Members

I only watch AMC every day now. I haven't watched GH in months (although, there is no such thing as frontburner as long as MB, SB and LW are there).

I've sang her praises before so I'll gladly do it in a thread specifically addressing this topic -- Melissa Claire Egan as Annie. TPTB gave her the ball at the end of the summer and she ran with it effortlessly straight through Thanksgiving.

The undeserving, in my opinion, at AMC have been Alexa Havins show hogging as Piglet Babe from 2003 to early 2007. Her contradictoy smug conniving slut/sweet innocent angel portrayal was ridiculous. I never believed Alexa played Babe truthfully -- which was easy, because the character was never written honestly, either. So I guess that makes it justifiable to believe that all you have to do is either be cute and perky or shed crocodile tears and your sociopath of a character is absolved from all the hell she put people through, and is allowed to judge others piously.

Cameron Mathison's Ryan is horrible. I've hung in there for 11 years but this latest storyline and his horrid one-note performance makes me wonder WHY so much is invested in this guy. Is it the abs? :rolleyes: The hoarse whisper, the eye bulging, the grimmacing, the pointing and waving.... oy!

Then next runner up has to be Alicia Minshew. Once in a while, she and Kendall will click in a scene, and it's pitch perfect. However, most times, she epitomizes "less is still more than I can take of you."

• Members

Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper rock the front burner when they're on it. When Jess had the 'Who Shot Victor?!' storyline in 1996 she was absolutely flawless and not once did I ever get tired of her. Jeanne can do no wrong in my opinion.

Eileen Davidson, when she was on DAYS, was also impeccable. No matter how terrible Kristen was, I absolutely rooted for her and loved seeing her practically every damn day.

I must echo what others have said about Lynn Herring on both GH and PC. Never a show hog, but substantial and made you pay attention. I absolutely LOVED Lucy Coe.

Same goes for Sarah Buxton on SB and B&B, I really wanted her characters to win, regardless of how wicked they were.

Linda Dano is also amazing in whatever she does.

Shemar Moore is another one who I never once got tired of seeing, he has a charisma that transcends being a show hog.

And although many would disagree, I love Susan Lucci front and center, where she belongs.

• Members

Exactly. The thing is, there isn't a torch that can be passed. The 'torch' is Erica Kane and Susan Lucci. Although some would say they are not one in the same, I have to disagree. Without Susan there is no Erica and without Erica there is no Susan. Further, no character, in the history of daytime from its beginnings until the end of time will have the influence that Erica Kane had and continues to have.

It's an iconic, legendary character. Anyone who thinks that anyone else can fill La Lucci's stilettos is out of their mind.

• Members

I must agree with you there. I know many disagree, but I felt he deserved every bit of that Supporting Actor trophy he won in 2000. Loved me some Malcolm.

While we're on the subject, I think Victoria Rowell thrived on the frontburner. I thought she was stupendous, if mis-written, in her last year on Y&R.

And, yes, of course Ms. Linda Dano is divine in everything she does. Daytime needs her back in a bad way.

Archived