B&B: Week of February 16, 2009

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rick was embarassing at the army office, and for no reason. And this whole faking the army thing shows how awful he really is. He kept wanting Steffy to sleep with him because he was leaving, while knowing he wasn't. Are we going to have Ridge see Rick and Steffy together about weekly now? Seems like how that's going.

Katie obviously does not fit in on the show. This is only her first marriage..unacceptable.

Because Beth looking off, KKL didn't look that good in her scene. I think it was a combo of the lighting and her hair. I like AJ's hair though, it's longer.

• Members

Really?

Nick was an awesome character when he was the outsider, the anti-Forrester, the only man on the show with balls. Smoldering sex appeal, a man who could care less what people thought of him. Now that he's a sanctimonious slut like everyone else on the show, nothing really makes him stand out among the pack.

I have to laugh everytime Nick calls Ridge "dressmaker." Nick is such a p*ssy nowadays. I wish they would let him man up and become at one with the sea again.

• Members

Every time I look at Rick I see the wasted potential in what should have been Thorne's storyline. At least Windsor is still collecting a check for being wasted.

I knew Bridget being at Jackie M was nothing more than a blatant attempt to jump start a tired triangle. At this rate we could forget about the fashion angle since Brad jumped from Bridgette being a wannabe designer to still having feelings for Nick at warped speed.

• Members

I agree. When Nick first came on, they intentionally made him the "Anti-Ridge," and they played up the differences every chance they got. At the time, Ridge was waffling on Brooke yet again, confessing his feelings of love to Bridget on the very day that he was supposed to marry Brooke. But when Brooke walked out on Ridge at the altar, who was there for her to confide in but Nick, the outsider looking who, after getting the lowdown on some of the history, asked the magic question, "Just why do you care about this guy?" He was the voice of all those fans who had either never wanted Brooke and Ridge together or who had soured on Brooke and Ridge after the years of their back and forth relationship.

I think the problems for Nick started when Brad Bell decided to backburner the Forresters except for Ridge and Stephanie and play up the Marones and the other new family on the show, the Ramirez clan. Maybe he was trying to do what his dad did with Y&R in 1982 and "re-invent" the show with new core families tied to a few stray vets, but it didn't work, and it left a gaping hole when the Forresters and the fashion business re-took their rightful place in the storylines. The Marones had to fit into that world now, with often mixed results, plus it didn't help Nick when he became as a big a man-whore in 3-4 years as Ridge had been in the show's entire run.

• Members

Maybe because she didn't know she was going to a wedding? When Katie brought Beth over, she told Nick, "Mom's going to watch Jack for us," and then Nick got the idea that Beth could be their witness for the wedding. Beth had no idea why they needed a witness or even why she was watching Jack until Nick and Katie sprung the news right then and there that they were getting married today. So I guess the look fit for "Grandma just got pulled over to watch her grandson at a moment's notice, only to find out she's there to witness her mom's wedding."

• Members

When Nick and Katie talked about moving the wedding up and making it a small wedding, they mentioned her family and she said that she thought they might actually be relieved not to be there. I guess she was referring to the fact that there was bad blood, particularly with Brooke, about her and Nick's feelings for each other because Bridget's family, too. Unfortunately, they never really addressed the various Logans deciding who they'd side with, the downside of the way B&B typically rams through stories at hyperspeed these days without giving any build-up. But that kind of explains why Katie might not want her family, who are probably torn in some cases over this marriage, to be there for the same reasons they excluded Jackie. Even Beth wasn't actually invited to the wedding; Katie brought her over to watch Jack and Nick said, "Glad to see you, you can be our witness."

Jackie's sudden pro-Bridget feelings make sense in a way to me. She pushed and pushed every which way she could for Brooke for years, but Brooke is now married to Ridge, at least in her heart if not by law (since they keep ducking the issue of the beach-side wedding with no minister and whether or not the planned civil wedding that was supposed to follow ever happened). So if Brooke is out of the picture, Bridget's the lesser of two evils to Jackie. When Bridget was involved with Nick, it wasn't so much that Jackie felt that Bridget was totally wrong for Nick. It was more like she thought Bridget would always be second best to Brooke. So if she has a choice between second best Bridget and bottom of the list Katie with Brooke removed as an option, second best probably moves to the top of the list. Plus Budge is also the new employee Jackie wants to hold onto to save her business, and Jackie knows that Bridget isn't aware of what happened with the stolen Forrester designs that made up Jackie M's last collection. So doesn't it make sense to bind Bridget to the business and the family in case Bridget stumbles on the truth?

• Members

Just catching up right now, but Tuesday's show was great, mostly because of the whole Katie/Jackie interaction. It had a classic B&B element that I enjoy: characters who just *GO* there when they're confronting someone else.

Jackie being bitchy and awful enough to just mention Katie being ungrateful and sour after getting her brother's heart, stealing Nick from Bridget, and playing the "poor me" card. It's very reminiscent of the kind of good ole confrontations that have happened over the years(Brooke/Taylor at Big Bear, Stephanie & The Forresters/Taylor at the Family Gathering, etc.).

I like that the bitch element is somewhat back at B&B. If nothing else is good, at least I can look forward to the characters speaking based on heart and experience, based on their ever changing lust for each other.

The second round of the boring Bridget/Nick/Katie triangle is still just as snoozeworthy.

Archived