B&B: Week of February 16, 2009

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LAD is great, but I hate Jackie and her instigator ways. She likes Bridget when Katie comes along. But she liked Brooke when Bridget came along.

The ending fight was good though.

And this whole Rick BS army thing is just a way for his spineless parents to let him come back.

• Members

I remember after Brooke took control of FC in the 1990s, she appointed Sheila as her assistant. Then Sheila personally saw to Stephanie being thrown out of her office! Those were the days! :lol::lol:B)

Coming back to 2009: Jackie suddenly becoming a Bridget supporter is ridiculous, considering that she was Brooke's cheerleader for years. Even more of a joke: Rick joining the army! :rolleyes::lol:

B&B is a mess right now, only really being salvaged by Susan Flannery and KKL's acting. :D

• Members

But, though I sort of felt the same way, it misses a key point.

When Jackie wanted Nick with Brooke, she was virulently anti-Bridget.

Now, ON A DIME (or is it self-serving, because she wants to "capture" her new designer), she supports Brooke and (in a fairly unmotivated way) attacks Katie.

Plot-plot-plot. Plot drives character, and that really isn't how it should be. It means we can't trust what these characters will do from day to day, because their personal through-lines will be shifted at a moment's notice to support the latest plot wrinkle.

• Members

Yes, I totally see what you're talking about and yes it is totally random...but I view Jackie as the kind of woman who falls into the 'be careful what you wish for...' category in that she was anti-Bridget and then when Bridget was replaced with Katie, Jackie's world fell into even more disrepair. What I'm saying is that when Brooke was in Nick's life Jackie had a pretty happy, wealthy, fun existence. Then when Bridget came around things went downhill a bit, but were okay. Then Katie comes along and Jackie's life and company goes to sh*t. It's as if Nick's relationships run in tandem with how satisfying Jackie's life is.

I was always under the impression that she didn't like Katie or at least felt Katie inferior to Brooke...can't say I blame her...self righteous Katie...bitch!

That said, I also think the self serving aspect is there as well. Jackie is desperate for her company to succeed, she wants her new star, Bridget, to be happy, regardless of what it takes to keep her that way. For as much as Jackie legitimately cares about Nick...she most legitimately cares about herself, which I happen to like. Jackie doesn't throw herself under the bus like many other B&B characters do. She fights and screams and gives overblown melodramatic speeches.

Again, LOVE LAD and what she's doing for the show. MORE MORE MORE!

• Members

Go Jackie! Im glad someone is finally giving Katie hell for screwing with her nieces husband

I dont think Jackie was ever anti-Bridget. She just preferred Brooke and thought that she was the love of Nick's life so she supported her. Unfortunetly that meant Bridget was on the losing end but Jackie did like her

• Members

I was digging this Madame X story for Bridget until it morphed into a way to start up the triangle with Nick and Katie again. It looks like Bridget still has feelings for him. Ugh! This show puts them all on the backburner only to bring them back and continue this crap. Why must everything be a rehash of what just happened before. The only good thing I love here is Jackie's hate for Katie. She called her the most pathetic woman she knows! LMAO. Jackie was on fire yesterday

Who els is beyond sick of Steffy's whining? She sounds like a 5 year old everyday. Boy has Bell really ruined her bc she was one of the best new characters last year. Rick tells her that he is going away to the Army for the next few years. He really expects for her to wait for him. Girl is what 19/20. As if thats a reasonable request

• Members

LAD is rocking the house as Jackie Marone. She's playing her with a mix of Joan Collins, Sharon Osbourne and Patsy Stone from 'Absolutely Fabulous'...she's playing for keeps with this show. She's terrific.

Bwah! I love that RIDGE, of all people, is the smart one when it comes to Rick's bullsh*t.

Robin Riker looked like hell at Katie and Nick's wedding...what an ugly, ugly dress. And her hairstyle did her no favors.

• Members

I guess Katie forgot to tell her sisters about the wedding - where were Brooke and Donna?

Where was Stephen?

Nick looked like a man going off to the gallows, but I don't buy his sudden love for Bridget either, and Jackie becoming a Nicket cheerleader is totally unconvincing(considering she was a Brooke cheerleader for so long).

Jack Wagner really should leave B&B if the Melrose Place revival ever happens, Nick has been trashed so much!

And, the "I'm joining the army" scam worked a treat for Rick, he's once again got Brooke and Steffy eating out of his hand.

• Members

I really, really hope he leaves B&B, for whatever reason. Jack Wagner and the character of Nick Marone is the biggest albatross this show has ever had to support. The character is so ill conceived I can't stand to watch him.

It's nothing against Wagner, he was GREAT on GH and FANTASTIC on 'Melrose Place'...but I just loathe his stuff on B&B and I have from day one.

Archived