B&B: Week of February 16, 2009

• Members

This week on B&B:

Bridget and Owen have sex with a squirrel.

Taylor pulls off her mask and reveals she's really Sheila.

Stephanie decides to become a motorcyclist.

Eric and Donna have an ecstasy party.

Brooke and Ridge divorce, fall in love again, and remarry.

Marcus discovers he's from Texas.

Donna slips, breaks her neck, and is paralyzed.

Katie kills herself. Will Donna get Katie's spine?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rediscover or discovers? Because Marcus IS from Texas. They did a long scene last year explaining his backstory with that. LOL. It was brief though.

The rest? :lol: And if people are willing to do their cousins on this show, a squirrel certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.

ETA: BadZoe, BTW, I am a former Brooke fan, converted Taylor/Tylo fan(when Taylor telling Stephanie off in 2006(?)), but ever since you mentioned your "chicken dance" bit about a week ago, I can't help but laugh everytime I see Taylor get hysterical. Everyone on this board is awesome, but you're such a effing badass. I love reading your posts.

• Members

Last night I found an old Soap Opera Weekly from 1995, when Sheila was trying to get out of the mental institution she was in. They mentioned that other women had beaten and raped her. I remember the time she was in there, with Ellen Wheeler as a roommate (and Kin Shriner as a doctor) but I don't remember the beating and raping. Do you remember that?

• Members

I remember Sheila being raped. It was a pretty unpleasant and needless plot point that didn't go anywhere. I think that was around the time when she also became a born again Christian for two weeks. They really didn't know what to do with her until Stephanie's mercury poisoning.

• Members

I don't remember any of that. Must have been during a sporadic viewing period. Thanks.

I was sad when they ended her friendship with Brooke. I knew that was never going to go anywhere, since Brooke was essentially a heroine, but I think they were good scene partners and both Forrester outsiders.

• Members

I remember the beating. At least one of the inmates who assaulted Sheila was played by a female bodybuilder turned actress. Sheila and Sarah (Wheeler's character) refused to name the assailants after the beating happened. I don't remember them specifically using the "rape" word, but it was strongly implied, especially given Sheila's reaction, that the assault had a sexual component to it.

• Members

I thought the assault was supposed to help grease the wheels in the story to get Sheila out of the prison hospital and back into the Forresters' lives. Right before, Sheila had met with the parole board and was denied early release. Then after the assault, she had another meeting with the board. James, Lauren and Stephanie showed up to argue against Sheila's release, but Dr. Kin Shriner made another case for Sheila to be set free under psychiatric supervision, so the board let Sheila go on the condition that she resumed therapy with James.

As an FYI for Y&R fans, James Michael Gregary, aka Clint Radison, was the head of the board that set Sheila free. I thought that might be notable since he's now back on Y&R as Clint.

• Members

Brooke rejecting Sheila made sense at the time. She was about to marry into the Forrester family again for real, since her marriage to Ridge the year before had been invalidated by Taylor's "return from the dead." So what good would come of her bonding with the woman Eric had just divorced, the woman who held her, Ridge, Stephanie, Eric and Lauren at gunpoint just months before? But the rejection still allowed Brooke and Sheila to interact, since Sheila was determined to be Brooke's friend even if Brooke didn't want that, and that led to Sheila's plot to give Stephanie mercury poisioning in retaliation for Steph trying to take Brooke's kids away.

It was at the end of the mercury poison story that Sheila started to move away from direct contact with Brooke, Ridge, Eric, Stephanie, etc, possibly because of the end of the friendship between Hunter Tylo (whose Taylor was heavily connected with Brooke, Ridge and Stephanie) and Kimberlin Brown. Sheila moved into stories with James and Maggie at that point and had little interaction with any of the Forresters directly until Brown left the show in 1998.

• Members

I understood why Brooke dropped Sheila, I just missed seeing their friendship. This also happened around the time of the retcon I couldn't stand (one of many on B&B) about Bridget being Eric's daughter and everyone telling Brooke what an awful person she was and how dare she.

• Members

Thanks for the compliment. The chicken dance is legendary. When I used to have my website, Taylor was my favorite to make fun of because she always had the silliest expressions. Brooke was my least favorite because KKL is not a face puller type of actress and almost every picture of her was the same.

I woke up early today and had time to waste listening to the B&B while gardening. I did manage to see Ridge pour himself a big ass glass of whisky. They should have done an alcoholism story with him since he is never without a drink.

Archived