Cheesy soapnames

• Members

I could possibly understand someone being named India, but Egypt (On Loving)? That's a little too much. I never knew the name "Asa" or "Skye" until I started watching OLTL. Of course B&B is the home to the cheesiest of them all, "Thorne", "Ridge", and "Whip". I mean really, Whip?

I hated that they named Kendall's kid, Spike. WTF?

I think OLTL in a way has had the most names that aren't really used that much on daytime JMO.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not a fan of General Hospital's "Lulu" -- the name OR the character. But staying on the name aspect, she's a grown woman, now. Having sex with mobsters and such... and she's still going by Lulu? What, is the character going to be 40 years old still saying "Hi! I'm Lulu Spencer!" or will she move into using her full name instead of her nickname.

Well, then again, her brother is still going by Lucky... so forget it. :rolleyes:

How about that shrink Tad used to date on AMC back in 2003 -- Lysistrata Schwartz?! Oy! :huh:

• Members

I love Draper Scott and Raven Alexander and all of her married names. Raven Swift, Raven Whitney.

It's funny that Quent should mention B&B. I had a conversation back in my better days of college with some friends about the show and how complicated the stories were and they were laughing when I mentioned the names Brooke Logan and Ridge Forrester and then I mentioned he had a brother named Thorne and they just DIED laughing. I think that one just took the cake. And when you think about it, those names are ridiculous, but I never thought about it that way until my friend just died laughing at my mention of it.

• Members

Some that I've always found soaptastically cheesy: Brad Carlton, Ridge Forrester, Thorne Forrester, Storm Logan, Holden Snyder, Brooke English, Cass Winthrop, Cane Ashby, Robert Barr

And some weird & funny ones:

Bunny Tagliati (SB)

Sonny Sprockett (SB)

Wallingford (AW)

Flame Beaufort (SB)

Frankie Frame (AW) (LOVED that Cass called her Mary Frances though)

Sharlene Frame (AW) (Are ya serious? SHAR-LENE?)

Pearl Bradford (SB) (Kinda weird....for a Man!)

• Members

I may be alone in this, but I think the name "Steffy" on B&B is absolutely horrendous. Everyone sounds like a bunch of two year olds running around talking about Steffy this and Steffy that. Hell, I didn't even like it on Days when Gina referred to Stefano on as "Steffy."

Archived