Cheesy soapnames

• Members

Well, needless to say there are many cheesy names on soaps. I am wondering more about what names you think soaps overuse to the point that you are fed up with the names, and what names you think are absolutely ridiculous.

I hate the name Josie on soaps. I don´t really know why, but I seem to be allergic to it. Also, I think names such as Carly, Emily, Lily, Casey, Nick, John, Rick & Elizabeth (with its nicknames Liz, Lizzie, Beth...) are extremely overused on soaps.

Names I think are just plain ridiculous.... Babe! :lol: And I just keep thinking Ken-doll when I hear Kendall.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The most ridiculous soap names have to be from B&B. Ridge, Brooke, Storm, Thorne...what are these ...names or National Geographic? But the all-time worst soap name was a character from ATWT years ago...Hutch Hutchinson. LOL (p.S. Why isn't Marie Wilson's character on ATWT ever referred to as Meg Ryan?)

• Members

I love soap names. A good soap name is one you will never come across in real life.

"Palmer Cortlandt". Is there anyone anywhere with such a stuffy name that screams "I am rich!!!" ?

I loved the name Delilah Ralston from OLTL. Brandon Kingsley was a name which just screams "effete".

Lars Bogarde and Kent Bogarde were cool soap names I thought. And one soap name I will never forget is Senaca. What the heck is a Senaca?

These days the characters don't get such cool names. "Carly"...why do soaps choose that? It's so undramatic.

• Members

I'll never forget 10 years ago when AMC announced they were going to be debuting a new character named GREENLEE SMYTHE!

A bunch of us were like, :blink: "WTF?! Is this a joke?! What kind of name is that?!" :blink:

I still despise the name Babe, even though the pig is skewered and roasted, that's one of the most tragic names in AMC history in my opinion.

Spike took some getting used to. It's cute -- for now. As long as they don't SORAS him.

Also, still talking about AMC, I despise the fact that they keep calling Adam Chandler, III "Little A."

I'm not sold on Brot Monroe, either.

And a little bit of trivia -- if Reese would've married Simon, she would've been Reese Marshall -- the name of the Pratt/Guza-created character Kari Wurher played on General Hospital opposite Tamara's Carly.

Speaking of GH, that show is on my nerves with Morgan Corinthos and Spencer Cassadine.

I never liked "Jax" or the last name "Jacks."

I'm glad Emily dropped the Bowen from her name. The full name of Emily Bowen-Quatermaine was weird to me.

I don't understand how Jax considered "Metro-Court" to be naming it after Courtney. It's a horrid name for a hotel.

I won't even address the mess that is "GiGi" on OLTL. :rolleyes: Or "Rex" (I had a pet goldfish named Rex in the 4th grade). Plus the name "David Vickers" sounds so nerdy and fake to me.

• Members

This isn't so much a soap name as a soap actor's name: Tasia Valenza (ex-Dottie Thornton)

In your mind, how would you guess saying that? I thought it was a weird way to spell "Tasha," and that is what I have always called her. Talking to Carmen Paris last week, I realized I was saying it: A) All wrong and B) Had no idea who she was talking about when she mentioned her name.

The proper way to say the name is: TAY-sha, like the end of the word "Fantasia."

Archived