B&B: Week of January 5, 2009

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow a Bridget and Donna scene. I dont ever recall them interacting before. Are they really going to do Bridget/Owen? While I think theyd look good together, Id hope she'd be smarter than to get involved with a man thats in love with a family member. We all know how well falling for man that her aunt pushed to pursue worked out for her the last time.

I think I preferred her as a scheming slutty bitch. She doesnt work as lead heroine for me

• Members

Blah, Ridge and Brooke, but we got Thorne and Felicia.

The FC building continues to be a mystery. Looks like Rick's office looks out into the middle of a city block, but we got the house shot today. And the infamous steamroom comes back, lol.

Is Brad kidding with the Marcus prosposal? Does he have a quota of weddings every year? Also, I caught the episode online and it looked like Marcus and Steffy were glowing/hazy. They really need to fix that. Looks like some of that LA smog got in that cabin.

• Members

More Forrester fireworks. This show can still hook me in even when I know that whever decision Eric makes about whom stays at FV will be reversed the next week or even the next day!

So Marcus and Steffy broke up. Hmm. I don't know if I want him to stay or go. He's not the best actor but neither is anyone else. I can't see whom they could pair him with though. Felicia could hook up with him just to piss off Donna, though. That'd be fun to see.

• Members

May just be my cynicism, but I hate that Marcus proposed. How old is he anyway? 22 or 23? He made that comment about the champagne yesterday being non-alcoholic, so Steffy must not even be 21. I guess Rick and Amber were pretty young too though. At least Steffy isn't pregant, UGH that would be awful. (And probably will be awful b/c I'm sure it will happen.)

I wonder if this is the end of Marcus. TB butchers a lot of his lines. I don't mind the way he speaks, but they should write his lines to reflect that. And he does bring some needed diversity.

Best part today was Stephanie and Rick. She let him have it as much as she gives it to Brooke.

And Brad can mothball the steamroom set again for all I care.

• Members

Right. I'm going to flagellate myself again and give a little bit of praise to B&B.

I like Stephanie vs Rick. I know I'm in the minority but I also think Kyle Lowder has the chops to go up against Susan Flannery which none of the other Ricks would have been able to do in a million years. It makes some sense to me that they would have animosity towards each other and the dialogue in the episode of the 9th was actually pretty good.

"My father already fired you as his wife. You know nothing about fashion nor marketing or money except how to spend it." Ha.

"No one in the fashion world ever believed that high fashion could come out of Los Angeles, California. I made them eat their words." I love it when they drop in little details like that about Forrester's inception as opposed to the same old John-Douglas-gave-Eric-a-loan hoopla. They did it frequently until the late 90s.

You have to forget the details of B&B's history to enjoy the rivalry and buy into the 2006+ revised Logan/Forrester saga but for new viewers it works.

It's still [!@#$%^&*] obviously but it's more entertaining [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

Stephanie was on fire! She had some great lines.

Stephanie: "I made them eat their words. So you watch your tone with me. I am not your mother. I know how to put a misbehaving child in his place, and you better trust me that I will do it. "

Rick: "I made an executive decision, one which was mine to make. I can't work with you, so I won't. "

Stephanie: "Fine. You're fired."

Stephanie: "Oh, come running to daddy, did we? "

Stephanie: "I'd like to see my severance check. I don't think there's enough money in the company to cover it. "

Stephanie: (Chuckles) "in europe, he was mildly useful. Here, he's marginal at best. "

• Members

I only watched the Stephanie/Rick/Eric/Donna etc scenes but it was good that Patrick Mulcahey got to spin some of his circa 2005 magic and not the romantic mush he's put out more recently.

I'm sure they'll find some contrived way for Eric not to make a decision but Stephanie looked a complete tit making demands after that magazine quote.

I'm still not sold on Pam. I want original recipe Pam back instead of this wacky crocheting incarnation. She's like Sharon Gless in Nip/Tuck.

• Members

I'm going to join you.

I thought Friday's cliffhanger ("Whom will Eric choose?") was delicious soapy goodness. Was it stupid? Yeah? Was it fun? Yeah? And the build up scenes, Lowder-vs-Flannery, were genuinely worthy of attention. It's funny, I picked a quote to share...and it is the exact same one you did :) --

Courtesy of this site:

FINALLY, FINALLY dialogue worthy of Mr. Mulcahey!!!

This week, in rediscovering humor and lightness, B&B actually came closer to what it should be. Owen-Bridget-Pammy (Bridget thinks Owen is gay), crocheted bikinis, Bridget thinks Owen is gay... and the Friday Stephanie-Rick showdown... these are all things that were entertaining, viewable. We felt like we were IN on the joke, instead of just rolling our eyes at the atrociousness.

Brooke and Ridge in the sauna? A little boring...but closer to what this show should be.

Steffy in love with her twin's killer, and all the tortured prose surrounding that? Not so much...

Seriously, I was planning to unprogram B&B from my DVR, something I have done a few times before. But, again, Mr. Bell and team ... like good pushers everywhere ... gave me another hit of better stuff. So now I'm sucked in a little longer.

• Members

Phoebe, and therefore Steffy as well, turned 18 in 2006 not too long after Mackenzie Mauzy came on, so Steffy is around 20. There was also a recent allusion to alcohol, in the show where Taylor, Steffy, Thomas and Stephanie tried to quadruple-team Ridge into seeing how good his life with Taylor was, where Steffy offered to get some beer for their tennis match;Taylor gave an "I think not" response that sounded like more than just a reminder that Taylor doesn't drink alcohol, with a hint of "no beer for you, young lady" in there.

As for Marcus, that's a good question about his age. If you try to figure Donna's age based on Jennifer Gareis's, Marcus should be in his early 20s, because Donna had him at 16. But Donna historically was just a few years younger than Brookewhen B&B began, so Donna should be somewhere in her 40s given that Brooke has a 30 year old son. That would make Marcus closer to Rick's age, and actually a bit older given that a 16 year old Donna predated B&B's debut. Then again, it seems odd that Ridge never made an issue of Marcus being that old given how Ridge made an issue of Rick being so much older than Phoebe. So the jury is still out on Marcus's age.

And since Steffy to date hasn't slept with Marcus, it will likely be Rick who's the father and won't be another "Who's your daddy?" story like Rick and Amber had. That would make the pregnancy even more awful.

Other than Mykel Shannon Jenkins's brief stint in 2007 before being dropped to recurring, TB is B&B's only representative of diversity among its recent contract players, so will that be enough to keep him around?

Archived