B&B: Week of January 5, 2009

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A better show today. Two of the main arcs were humor (Stephanie and Brooke; and Pammie).

Moreover, Pammie gets us into the fashion stories again. Eric even called Owen's cheap knockoff like something from "Spectra"...invoking that hallowed name.

These offset the onerous Taylor storyline. Many, this show needs to FIX or CAN Taylor.

bbcred010609.jpg

ETA: Hmm...scripted by Adam Dusevoir (who is still getting a tryout, right?). Based on the humor of today's show, the boy may have potential.

They have to be careful with Pam, though. A little goes a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNG way.

• Members

I agree. They're walking a thin line with Pam. As long as it stays what it was today and has been the past few days, she's fine. But they have to be careful that she doesn't fall off the wagon again.

And I liked the Spectra quip too. At least Dusevoir seems to know some history, lol.

• Members

So... does that screen cap mean that Kay Alden has been demoted from co-HW?

If so, that is great but while I love the humor, I still feel a little apprehensive whenever I watch B&B. :lol: And while people may be uneasy about too much Pam, my issue is that there is too much Donna. As the bimbo Trophy Wife (a supporting role), Jennifer Gareis is fine. As the show's leading heroine, less so.

And I see Ridge's chicken neck waddle is still getting the lady hens in a tizzy. :huh: The Ridge-Taylor-Brooke-Stephanie convos were word-for-word the same as the one in 1995-6 when Ridge & Brooke were together and Brooke was supportive of Ridge being "supportive" of Tay-Tay.

• Members

Really random show today. A day with NONE of the 4. Lots of little pieces of random stories, a transitional stage I suppose.

Bridget throwing herself at another man. Brooke's kids really don't fall from the tree. Plus she's the queen of bad timing.

And what an awkward relationship between Donna and Bridget. Donna is both her step-mom and aunt.

• Members

Okay, but B&B is melting my cold cold heart.

A SHIRTLESS AND WET Beemer says these lines to a knit-wearing Pammie:

"Pam, what do you say you head upstairs and set up the workstation so WE can CROCHET and work"?

Owen CROCHETING. Owen, subtly, trying to win over Pam with sex appeal.

This is a sincere improvement. I could take more of this.

If only Rick and Steffy could NOT be going down this road.. I PRAY Steffy is playing him, and she's out to destroy him.

• Members

That would be wonderful. I love Rick, but Steffy bringing him down would be SO much better than Steffy being in love with him.

Apart from the Steffy/Rick pukefest I think B&B is fantastic right now. *hides*

Oh, and some people seem to have selective memories and can't remember how bad the show was before Kay Alden...

• Members

I'm glad Bridget is getting involved in the mix again. It really is so hard to keep track of the relationships sometimes with everyone being related. Bridget catches her brother, Rick, kissing Steffy, her niece/ex-stepsister who is dating Marcus, her nephew. It's just so damn weird. And they're all the same damn age. I mean, Ive watched this show for years, but I find myself having to do the math in my head first before I can even know how to feel about a scene!

One thing I have realized though, is that even when this show is unwatchable it is still entertaining. I couldn't quite figure out why i could quit ATWT and GL but not B&B when it is, arguably, just as bad. But the fact that the show has wisely not re-casted the core characters of the show, the show still feels like it's familar and comfy. Also, it's only 30 mins so it's not a whole wasted hour if the show is horrible that day.

The smartest thing the Bells do with their shows is keep them recognizable and even when they're bad they're still easy to digest. If you look at any of the non-Bell shows, they've re-casted and newbie-fied them to a point where the shows have lost their identity. Even when B&B isn't about FASHION, it is still identifiable by it's look and feel.

• Members

The best thing this show could do right now would be to have brigett think Owen is gay and have them somehow move in together and her fall for him, and him fall for her, all during this lie that hes led her to believe. and then the truth comes out. and to take care of the people who know hes not gay they could simply have him tell her hes not ok with it yet and doesnt want to come out. but thats way to deep of a story for B&B.

and steffy so needs to be stringing rick along only to crush him in the end. and feel no guilt for it at all.

oh, and we need an outsider to come in and take the forresters on in a buisness storyline.

Archived