GH: How would you phase out Sonny?

• Members

I know for some, myself included, Sonny and the mob stuff is this black hole that makes it desperately hard to enjoy most aspects of this show. I honestly feel like if MB even just took one of those extended vacations that TG is constantly taking things would improve drastically. If given the chance how would you phase Sonny out temporarily or permanently?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. Brenda & Sonny reunite. And realize that Paris is much prettier than Port Charles.

2. Irreversible death. Added bonus: Lorenzo and AJ do the honors.

ETA: Sonny and Jason have been seriously over-exposed (add Carly to that list, too) but IMO it is the whole Mob concept that is killing the show. That and GH's unwillingness to utilize and rotate a talented ensemble cast. IMO, Rick Hearst is arguably the most talented actor on the show and by rights should be on an equal footing with MB. Similarly, Greg Vaughan as legacy character Lucky Spencer should be given the same kind of props and material that Steve Burton gets.

• Members

Well, Sonny is only half the problem. You would then need to phase out Jason and the Zaccharas. If MB would of left when his contract expired or where to take a vacation I don't think things would drastically improve since you still had plently of characters tied to the mob.

• Members

Lucy, Kevin, the ghost of Alan, Monica, Mac, Brenda, Luke, Tracey, Robert, Anna, Robyn, Sean, Tiffany, the ghost of Tony, the ghost of Katherine and last, but by no means least, Bobbie all pronounce him dead at, you guessed it, General Hospital.

Then, Jason and the other mob people also get to die very visible and irreversible deaths.

• Members

Seeing as how GH has access to the actors who played Robert, Anna, Luke, Laura, Sean, Tiffany, Bobbie, Mac and Felicia, the easiest way to fix GH would be to just start an episode with Felicia waking up telling Mac "what a horrible dream..."

Then she goes to Kellys and has lunch with all of the above and it is discovered that everything from 1991 on never happened, and we spend the week updating and explaining what all of the characters have been doing for the last 18 years. Not only would this get rid of the mob, but it would mean Alan and AJ are alive. GH then would have the luxury of reintroducing all the characters it wants to (like Helena, Nik and the Cassadines, or Liz). Jason would revert back to being a Q and so on. Clean slate achieved, proceed as the writers see fit.

• Members

LoL, my thoughts exactly. Now I don't condone violence, but since GH seems to live for it, why not? Why should I suffer Sonny being phased out, when he's been a annoying piece of sh-t since, well, fukc its been a long time. One bullet to the head. DONE!

Archived