DAYS: Dena Higley posted a new blog!

• Members

I think she was mandated to writer her blog the way she does and the reason I think that is that Sony and NBC and even Corday knew that she had a bad rep on the Internet and they wanted to humanize her. That's the reason for the appearances as well.

What they don't realize is that no matter what Dena does Internet fans just don't care what she says or does. If she wrote completely about Days she would still be a bitch to most.

Obviously their experiment hasn't worked so I just say stop the blogging altogether.

I have just learned with Internet fans especially there are some stars that no matter what they do they will always be adored while others (Kim Zimmer being number 1) will be bashed for doing the very same thing.

I would think that most of the execs would want the show or network sponsored blogs to be gone anyway esp. after ABC sponsored Cady McClain's blog and then she used the blog at the end to speak out against them.

Right now the last thing Days esp. needs is someone spilling more vitrol from backstage - their PR is pretty low right now with so many fans. the only news that has come from backstage this year at Days has been bad from the proposed tampering with scripts, fighting amongst the execs with one wanting to take over and pull a coup, from a diva running around saying she was writing the show, and to so many other things.

I think Dena is the type of person if she was given free reign to blog about backstage happenings and the like - she is the type to tell it all and just let the chips fall where they may.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well there is Dena who tries to talk to viewers. Then there is overrated hacks like Ron C. who tells viewers to go to hell when they disagree with his disgusting stories. The truth is soaps stink across the board. I don't see Malone coming back anytime soon and that means a truly gifted writer isn't doing soaps.

I think calling someone a name like say bitch is a bit assholey just because you don't like a soap opera. There are those who say don't watch a soap if you don't like it. I might add the same thing about not reading a blog.

• Members

I would rather RC tell me to go to hell (which he hasn't), or at worst, continue to annoy me with his Todd and Marty comments offscreen while simultaneously writing a half-decent show onscreen, then listen to Dena talk openly to me about anything while continuing to write horrid crap. She never wrote a single good story.

• Members

I would have to strongly disagree with that last part.

When she came aboard OLTL the Daniel Colson story was very good and was at the right pace. The only thing she did wrong was not following up on it.

Also she did very good with the Kevin & Kelly breakup stuff in May 2007. The tornado and Todd's execution was done very well too.

Dena has nice touches every now and then. She is just not good for long term - just like so many of the modern day writers. She falls into that same category with Jean Passanante, Megan McTavish, Hogan Sheffer who need strong co-writers and strong executive producers working alongside them and supervising them. They all have potential and they show it every once in awhile - they just cannot sustain it.

That's just like if Dena was writing Days back in February (still not proven just rumor) - she did a great job with Days that month but she didn't follow up on it and didn't sustain it.

• Members

The reason why Scott got fired instead of her is obvious... Scott wasn't giving Ken Corday a little somethin' somethin' under the table... or - desk - as it were.

I figure the only excuse she's stayed as long as she has anywhere is because she can swallow (her pride) and do whatever it takes to get ahead in the soap world ;) C'mon how else is Brian Frons gonna get some?

Dena Higley in the industry: It's not who you know, it's who you blow.

• Members

I am sure Ed Scott would have been gone anyway. Gary Tomlin is cheaper I am sure.

I find it funny that so many people have given Ed a by in all of this. I mean we have had 2 times taht rumors have stated he was difficult to work with. Kay Alden had him fired for some reason that we do not know. Many have said he was favorable to certain performers on a series - in particular to his wife Melody. And then all the rumors from this summer.

Add to that the fact that no one grabbed him up when Y&R fired him. And so far there are no rumors of anyone grabbing him up now. I have no doubt that the man is talented but I have always felt that there is more to this story than meets the eye.

Archived