The Politics Thread

• Members

Hasn’t West been showing his ____ for the last 15 years now? I still remember how he and Tavis Smiley were clucking past the point of comprehension about Obama and sounding like some jealous and sour Sams using Smiley’s show as a platform. It was predictable what happened to Smiley and I always knew we’d get to this point with West, given some things I already knew about him, past behavior, even before the Smiley business.

The greed is strong with him.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The People's Party also has or had ties to Jimmy Dore, the alleged comedian who left the allegedly progressive Young Turks (full of some of the worst voices and most vapid voices out there, past and present) and now rants and raves 24/7 about vaccines, Ukraine, trans people, and other topics beloved by the far left and far right. The man he's yukking with here is a pig who used to write for Amy Schumer until his various ugly comments led even her to move on.

• Members

What I don't understand is that I hear this over and over and over from the Right.  Do they believe elections have always been rigged - but only when they lose???  Republicans have lost at the ballot box many many times - it was just the electoral college that saved them.  And it's the reason they fight tooth and nail against statehood for DC - because DC would then have 2 senators and at least 1 vote in the House.  And they know what side the city sways.  But Gore, Clinton (Hillary), Biden all WON in the number of votes/popular vote.  Only on the 3rd example did Democrats actually WIN the Presidency because of the electoral college.  People have blinders on and I don't know why - they don't understand that NO, every vote does NOT count under an electoral college system.  If every vote counted, then those are 3 different Presidents we would have had.  It's funny to me that they do NOT see the plain number of votes.

• Members

Seeing Harris Faulkner trend the last few nights for shameless propaganda on Faux News, I watched a clip or two, and she is better at selling it than Tucker, Hannity, Watters, and so on. Yet she's never going to be accepted by that fanbase, for two reasons. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I've seen several people suggest this is to save face for some terrible rulings to come. I don't doubt it, although I don't want to take for granted that we're near the tipping point where SCOTUS will have enough Alito types that they won't even give these crumbs. I wonder if Roberts, always so anxious and angst-ridden about public perception of the Court, finally feels foolish for boasting about the end of racism when he struck down most of the VRA. 

• Members

I think Biden edges his way towards a lot of things over time and with care, but that can be said for a lot of Democratic leaders and I don't mean it as a knock on him. I think he believes in the institutions but also believes in doing the right thing and making change where necessary. Overhauling SCOTUS will be a generational project but I do hope the beginning happens soon.

I do wish Ron Klain was still there.

• Members

I heard something about how the Supreme Court justices are now having to or must disclose when they receive gifts and "personal hospitality." There was something about Oprah Winfrey giving flowers to Justice Brown. If my memory serves me correctly, all Supreme Court justices have disclosed the gifts that they have received except Clarence Thomas who needs some more time. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel