The Politics Thread

• Members

I can't tell you how depressed I am over this. Now I have to pick from a field I basically don't think can win. Maybe I was hoping for the impossible, a turnaround. I like Warren and Klobuchar more than anyone left(I don't include Booker or castro who I am guessing will be dropping out too).

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm also depressed about this but sadly, I'm not surprised. Until Americans make sure that Citizens United is overturned and money doesn't have such a strong pull in civic/public affairs, the U.S. will get the leaders it deserves.  At this point, Trump is the leader that the U.S. deserves unfortunately.  I hope he won't be re-elected, but...

• Members

I'm looking at this news optimistically.  Kamala's out for 2020, but she's built an enormous amount of goodwill for 2024.  In the meantime, I hope whoever becomes the Democratic nominee will ask her to be their VP; and if she doesn't want that, then at least ask her to join his/her cabinet should he/she make it to the WH.

• Members

As I've said before, this just wasn't Harris' moment. I see a lot of grieving and gloating but at the end of the day there can only be one nominee. People need to realize that. These 2020 cults are unhealthy and self-defeating. There's another cautionary tale where Harris's campaign is concerned: Twitter isn't real life.

• Members

Kamala Harris' online "army" could be overbearing but 90% that I saw (I didn't follow any of them) seemed basically harmless.  I would be more concerned about the folks backing people like Gabbard (*hint* some of them backed Stein) and the fact that Americans still want to turn a blind eye to how unprepared election/voting apparatus still is.  We face the same problems that were apparent in 2016, that hasn't gone away and no one is doing anything to address this.

• Members

The KHive's behavior is a big part of the reason people are gloating over her dropping out. It's the same thing we saw with Sanders in 2016 and will see with Warren when black voters send her packing.

I made up my mind in this primary months ago but I've made a point not to get into lengthy debates about Biden because at the end of the day all I can do is show up and vote. 2016 was the last time I will ever "fall in love" with a candidate.