Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'd heard about this but never watched it until now. It's the last press club video for the Clinton era. It's very well-made, but also has that smarmy, chummy Beltway stench that did so much damage to the country. And a few unintentionally chilling moments...

(the guy who helps Bill get online is the big brother from Pete and Pete)

• Members

^^Can't say that I'm surprised.  I couldn't be the only one that noticed some non-verbal cues, for one, Bernie swatting his wife's hand away so disrespectfully.  That really stuck out to me and left a bad taste in my mouth.  It wouldn't surprise me if a spirit of chauvinism and sexism went from the top down to all parts of the campaign, if one leads by example in such a manner.

Speaking of people who shouldn't be leading-

This seems particularly unwise.

• Members

Sanders' disturbing essay about rape is indicative of what type of mindset he has toward women and why certain types gravitate toward him. A whole lot of his support came from lonely outsider types of men who had supported Ron Paul (who is far different than Sanders). Some of them has even gone after Kamala Harris by saying that she slept her way to the top. An incredibly negative bunch of people, so it is indeed not surprising to read that there was harassment on the campaign.

• Members

I have gotten bad vibes off Louis CK since his SNL monologues about child abuse. One thing I've learned in recent years is just how many people rush to support this type of "edgy" humor if it comes from someone like him. He'll have a larger comeback soon enough. 

• Members

What is wrong with our culture that so many people seem to rush in and attack the victims of these mass shootings?  It's so sick.  I only saw a few mins of a Louis CK stand up once.  He made a joke about how when you bring your kids home a puppy, you are basically bring home pain and death.  I can't argue his point, but I turned it off. He just wasn't for me.  I did like the show Better Things that he's unfortunately involved with.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

A few years ago, someone told me that the comedy of Louis C.K. was enlightened and brilliant and I just shrugged inside.  I never bothered to check out his comedy, never watched his show and I still barely know who he is.  I'm fine with not having ever listened to his comedy.

Given the way, she stalked Anita Hill, even going so far as to inundate Hill's voicemail/answering machine with coercive messages, this doesn't surprise me, in the least.