Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If anything, we should use these reports, erroneous as they might be, in order to light a proverbial fire under those who still refuse to vote or who can't decide who to vote for.

I've said it before, I'm saying it again, and I'll keep on saying it past 11/6: if I can get off MY ass for once and vote, then you have no excuses not to do the same.  None.

Once again, if this surprises anyone in the audience, then some of y'all ain't paying attention.

NBC is trash.  And so is Megyn Kelly.  But we knew that already.

• Members

Didn't Van Jones also make a backhanded compliment about Michelle Obama? 

I tend to believe that the Republicans have more enthusiasm, because they pretty much always do in recent decades outside of one or two cycles, but that doesn't make the blatantly biased reporting any better. "Purple wave." The pure joy in that text. They may as well have said "eat the libs." I know Andy Lack wants to. 

That Haberman tweet where she is so impressed with Trump's political callousness is something we see over and over with Beltway types. They are so divorced from reality. Chris Cilizza used to tweet that type of stuff all the time too. They can't see humanity anymore. They probably never could.

• Members

So reading that Tom Bonier timeline, a couple more things. Early absentee ballot voting in some states is only available to certain populations(seniors, military personnel). Funny how none of us hear about that. And while I do hear more reporting on the voter suppression, I hear nothing about the violent right events.

Startling considering the murders over the past 2 years have been primarily from white supremacist/KKK/Nazi's - Charlottesville, the 2 indian men murdered in that Kansas bar by a white man, the 2 men on the train in Portland Or who were defending those 2 young muslim women and the 2 men were murdered, and I won't include Las Vegas shooting or the school shootings.

• Members

It's disconcerting that so many people in power are touting these conspiracy theories. It's becoming the norm. No wonder someone put a bomb in GS's mailbox. The right have been making him into a bogeyman for years now.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

No, there's no proof that there are Middle Easterners in that caravan...but they just gotta be there (to infiltrate and then kill us all), they just gotta be!

I just had the loveliest conversation on FB that ended with me calling one of my FB friend's FB friends a "honky."  So, clearly, this is a hot-button issue for me.

• Members

Oh, no.  Don't let "Mike" Bolton include that on his set list.  We don't wanna put any wrong ideas in the Russians' heads.

(Other songs to leave off: "Soul Survivor" and "Said I Loved You...But I Lied.")

Edited by Khan

• Members

This is from Never Trumper David Frum that MSNBC loves to trot out posted this.

"If Trump’s opponents stand opposed to policing America’s boundaries, they will not help immigrants—they will only lose votes."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/caravan-challenges-integrity-us-borders/573691/

Edited by sivad40

• Members

Maybe because a link between The Proud Boys and the Heritage Foundation was recently discovered?  Of course, the press can't be relied upon to actually do some research to verify whether or not this is the case.  Just more rhetoric on caravans thousands of miles away from any U.S. border.