The Politics Thread

• Members

More on Chicken George's sit-down with Massa Trump's son-in-law:

https://splinternews.com/van-jones-interview-with-jared-kushner-was-a-master-cla-1829910507

And from his pitiful excuse of a defense:

People on Twitter are saying, cut him off, beat him up. I’m like, ‘This is the first time you’re hearing him say something. You want me to stop him from saying something?’ I want to hear him say something.

But he didn't say anything, fool!  That's the problem!  You didn't ask anything important, and he didn't say anything important!

My Lord.  At least Ellen Degeneres would've had him get up and play some dumb-ass game with the audience.

Basically, he had an opportunity to ask that traitorous s.o.b. Jared Kushner some hard questions about the Trump administration, but instead, he made it the most toothless convo this side of "Iyanla Fix My Life."

No, I take that back, because even Iyanla would've been like, "Real talk, boo, fish stinks from the head down!"  All VJ did, IMO, was help normalize another of these nasty mutherfuckers who are hurting this country.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Iyanla would have been all over the daddy issues that helped us get where we are today. 

In other happy, happy, happy news:

And it looks like Republicans have the edge so far in early voting, which sadly doesn't surprise me. You can feel the glee in this NBC writeup. "Purple wave" indeed. Andy Lack must be grinning ear-to-ear and extending Megyn Kelly's contract right now.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/republicans-outpacing-democrats-early-voting-key-states-nbc-news-finds-n922881

Seeing that Trump's approval ratings have climbed even as he is trying his hardest to get us into nuclear war and even as he and the GOP openly say they are coming after Medicare and Social Security and even as tariffs make the economy falter more and more just makes me feel like if there was a tipping point we've already passed it. The bar is SO low for this man because the hate he spreads is so alluring to so many. 

I guess all we can do is vote and hope for the best. 

• Members

All he needs to do is put the "white" before it and he'd be 100% accurate (for once).

The only feature(s) I really want are a proper quote feature (where I can insert a quote from a previous thread/section) and something where I can make the messageboard dark (like they do in Gmail).

• Members

My understanding of the 'purple wave' reports (especially the NBC one) is that they are skewed to traditionally Republican-leaning areas and/or older voters - not an accurate reflection of the full picture, which still leans heavily blue. It's just another way for media to pump up the beloved 'horse race' narrative while eliding the facts. But we shouldn't get complacent.

Edited by Vee

• Members

He also became infamous for tearing up and crying on-air after Trump's first State of the Union(?) last year and saying "this is the moment Trump became president!" That's what lost me completely. It's sad because he used to do good work.