Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I would rather go back to living in poverty (no insurance, food and housing insecurity) and take my children with me than be ruled by Trump or anyone of his kind.  There is always a way to make it work. That seems like a no brainier to me. All these people going on about freedom, but willing to give up just for economic reasons. So foolish, imo,

• Members

Here in Virginia it's been a big deal that Trumpkin has signed some bill or something banning Critical Race Theory.  So it's very interesting.  There was nothing to ban.  AHAHAHAHAHAHA!  All of the idiot Republicans in this state are cheering.  Um.  Over what exactly?  There never was anything telling anyone to TEACH Critical Race Theory.  Not a single teacher I know - know ANYTHING about it.  A few teach History.  They said...well, I teach History.  Same history I was teaching.  Nothing changed for me.  

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

The CRT hysteria is reminiscent of the Northern Triangle caravan hysteria from two years ago. All over the news until the day after November 2020 elections. While news like this hardly ever gets reported.

While also ignoring the fact that VP Harris has been making frequent diplomatic trips to Northern Triangle countries, including to Honduras last week.

• Administrator

Any Canadians paying attention to this "Freedom Convoy" movement?  The big protest in Ottawa has now turned into madness with a portion of downtown Ottawa being occupied.  It's been 8 days now and the police haven't done anything to remove the blockade or any of the structures that were built.   Ottawa Police have totally failed their citizens. 

Some trucker convoy organizers have history of white nationalism, racism

The organizers of the movement are predictably racist/white nationalist/anti-mandate/anti-vaxx......you know the kind.   This is one of the demands from Canada Unity's, the main group organizing this: 

They setup a GoFundMe and it reached over 10 million dollars.  GFM has now shut it down will refund everyone, but unfortunately they released 1 million dollars to them earlier in the week.  They've now moved their grift to GiveSendGo.  

As you can image, people living near Parliament Hill are losing their minds due to the excessive noise, the constant blaring of horns. 

In other news, the Conservative caucus removed Erin O'Toole as party leader.  O'Toole was seen as a moderate who kept flip-flopping on issues.  They replace him with Candice Bergen as interim leader.  It looks like the Conservative party might be moving further to the right.  Yikes. 

Anyway, it's been a wild week in Canadian Politics and in the nation's capital. 

• Members

I saw the name Candice Bergen trending the other day and did a hard double take.

I admit to having only given a cursory reading of headlines and videos pertaining to the trucker protests in social media. These days I have been limiting how many stories of racists I am ingesting.

• Members

There's a huge international effort to try to duplicate these rallies - in Australia, the Netherlands or Denmark (I think), among other places. It all feels astroturfed. Their antics have been disgusting - dancing on and urinating on the tomb of the Unknown Soldier, putting far right slogans on the statue of Terry Fox, burning a Canadian flag to fly a Qanon flag in its place - but this is what the media sees as the ideal, as what "real" people do, unlike those damned elites.