Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What Democrats need to do is oppose, oppose, oppose. Don't worry about grooming new young stars, because most of them end up losing anyway when they try to run for higher offices. Obama came out of nowhere in 2004 and refused to listen to the chatter that he needed to wait and not run in 2008 - he knew the time was narrow, and he was absolutely right. Republicans won this year in part because they nominated a lunatic who had no connections to the party beyond birther extremism. When you run on opposing and opposing and opposing, then you have a higher chance of having an automatic voter base every 2 years. 

That's the real difference between the parties though - no matter how much the media and the Beltway (who still weep for McCain, Marco and Mitt) try to dance around it, the GOP exists just to sow hatred, fear and destruction in every system of governance. At first it likely was just a sham to win elections, but now it's got their party hostage, whether they like it or not. And this type of lashing out is always going to get results. I wouldn't want Democrats to be like that, but they can't just keep hoping and talking about how things are changing. Generally, changes can be reversed - with frightening ease. 

No.

• Members

We are screwed.  Really important social programs are all in danger now.  Along with having Supreme Court justices that would NEVER have ruled in favor of Marriage Equality...and now we'll be stuck with them until they die.  I'm in Virginia - I was actually surprised she took Virginia.  I thought it would be VA that would go Red...instead it was several other states...just awful. 

• Members

Eerie that I thought about the Trump/Nixon comparison yesterday even before the election results. Mike Pence is pretty awful too though. Not to mention that Cabinet. Let me stop myself before I truly get depressed.

I wonder if Trump's administration will start outsourcing surveillance to Russians immediately...or?

• Members

Pence is likely even worse than Trump. Not just his social views, but he too believes in propaganda above all else - he tried to push this in Indiana. 

The best I can hope for with SCOTUS is that Trump just picks random people, although most likely he will be given a list of extreme far right judicial activists. Hell at this point I'd say even his sister would be better. 

• Members

She's such an idiot - my favorite was when she said Trump was a role model. I guess it will go into recount but I hope it sticks. 

Anyway, I was reading this about the UK leader reactions. I don't think Corbyn is much of a leader, to be honest, as he seems to often have his head trapped inside his hindquarters, but his statement is surprisingly nuanced compared to many. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/09/theresa-may-congratulates-us-election-win