AMC: Mia Saunders

• Members

How great would it be to have Mia back at AMC? Right now, she would have so much sl potential with both Jake and Frankie back on the canvas. I would love to see what Angie's reaction would be to learning that Frankie had a child with Liza's sister. It would also give her ties with Colby and the Chandler crowd. FUSION is now under new management with Erica. Maybe Mia comes back to claim what she sees as hers w/ all the former founders out of commission.

We all know Amelia Heinle is unavailable, but I doubt the role of Mia would be a controversial recast. There are a lot of ladies on the canvas now too.

A side note about Amelia on Y&R, what is she doing with her hair and who should I call to make mine look like hers? Her hair went through so many unhealthy phases at AMC. She looks like a hair model now on Y&R. The darker hair suits her so much better. It flows so naturally now. I wonder if she has extensions. Her look beats out even Vail Bloom!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They would need one hell of an actress to reinvent the character of Mia. For a poorly conceived character, she did end up having substantial ties to the canvas.

Relationships with: Ryan Lavery, David Hayward (under Adam's orders), Jake Martin, Frankie Hubbard, Edmund Grey, and Aidan Devane.

Her child with Frankie, William, who was adopted out to some undetermined family, is a common grandchild for Angie and nephew for Liza, and Angie/Liza always had a rocky history, but it only is worth it if Liza's back on the canvas. Mia's only other blood link left on the canvas is Colby.

She is a co-founder of Fusion with ties to Kendall and Greenlee, and a bond with Marian & Stuart.

It seems that despite all those connections, Mia was a very minimized, ill-defined character, and Heinle's forgettable tenure did little to make Mia's mark on Pine Valley. In the hands of a bolder actress, perhaps a Gina Tognoni, or an Amy Van Horne (how I miss her!), would light the character on fire. But I think a lot of Mia's significance and relevance relies on whether Liza is a part of the canvas as well.

• Members

Mia was a HORRIBLE character. She certainly does not need to return. The only potential a return for her that could be interesting would be to explore her son angle with Frankie but AMC screwed things up by deaging Frankie back to 25. Based on his last appearance and what the established history between him and Mia, their son should be about 17-18 right now. I thought Dre could have worked as him and thought he was going to be revealed to be him back when I heard the Hubbards were returning. But of course the casting with Frankie is way off. He cant be the father of someone in their teens. Even if they go and deSORAS the kid, they would have to do the same with Mia to keep things consistent. They made a mess of things here

Archived