Y&R: Week of October 27, 2008

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is very unfair, dmarex! :P I was just waiting for YRBB to open both the B&B and Y&R thread and you come in and spoil it all! :lol:

I actually have yet to understand this fixation with opening weekly threads. For a change, I'd like to see MarkH or someone open a new one. B)

• Members

The Kay/Marge stuff is great. The flashbacks are wonderful. It's a celebration of Jeanne Cooper!

I'm also really digging the Jack/Adam stuff, they're both so awful, they deserve each other!

And again, I am even starting to *like* Heinle as Victoria. I am still dumbfounded as to what exactly happened...but it's true.

• Members

The Marge storyline is excellent. I have to admit that up until this point, I have always thought Jeanne Cooper to be somewhat overrated. Now I'm beginning to see that I was wrong.

I'm beginning to lose faith that they will EVER update the opening credits. Less than half the cast is featured. The most glaring omission is Kristoff St. John (his reels were dropped when Victoria Rowell left). There are four alternating reels at the moment and Michelle Stafford is in all of them. And as much as I love MS, that ain't right.

• Members

The only thing that I even remotely like about the Victor storyline is Jack and Adam. I just do not care for the old man and even as much as I like MTS, I'm sick to death of the Newman's!

I've ALWAYS loved Jeanne Cooper and I'm so excited she is getting a meatier storyline (it's about damn time!).

• Members

DaytimeFan, I really think in the past few months AH has really stepepd it up. I have come to love her as Victoria, and as much as i love heather Tom i have to be honest, i dont want her back. Because i do not think they will ever write for her victoria the way they should.

As for the opening, at this point id prefer a title card to be honest.

• Members

Just caught Monday

Jill

Kay/Marge

Esther

Adam

Victoria

Nikki

Jack

Gloria

Jeffrey

Victor

Katherine/Marge was gold.Intrigued as to how this story will play out.Katherine gave Marge her card with cell phone number.How did Marge contact her in the first place?was it a call to the office?

Gina should be a part of this in some way,as she was married to and betrayed by Clint.

Good to see Adam challenging Jack-laying groundwork for long term rivalry.

Victor in the church-pleeeaase!!

Like the dynamics between Gloria and Jeff.She has to pay for her misdeeds in some way.

Where is Brad?

Does anyone know the name of the actor playing Frank the forger?

• Members

I would like it if they made Kay and Marge long lost sisters and had it be that Katherine's mother or father was just like her and gave away/sold one of the children. Maybe they were doing an experiment on twins or something.

Due to some recent casting news they should either reverse the Cane is Phillip stuff or write that they were also twins and Katherine just thinks she gave away the one and only Phillip. Although I gotta laugh at the idea that Nina is in her mid 30's or that Cane is not a totally old pervert chasing a young virgin, I mean innocent, like Lily. Except all these convenient family re-writes is becoming a bit like AMC, which turned me away with its storyline reversals.

• Members

That Branco column was funny. My favorite line was "Heck — I could play the aforementioned roles better than their current portrayers. In fact, my dead grandmother could — and win an Emmy!" Right on, Y&R is mostly stellar except when it comes to the odd bits of dead weight that have to be propped up constantly. I also liked the Lily's back part, was she even gone for a day?

Plus, more Billy please. Why is it we get overloaded with the bad actors and the new good actor gets dished out like an expensive truffle, in small little doses??

• Members

Yes! It was an old trademark Y&R music piece.

Is this Paul Rauch's influence?I say that because MAB has been around for awhile and this is showing up now.

We have to add Kate Linder to the list of performers who've had work done.She hardly looked any different in the 1990 flashbacks.

Colleen/Daniel/Amber/Lily etc are definite backburner characters at the moment.

Hopefully they are there while the writers plan out some interesting developments.

Archived