Y&R: Week of October 27, 2008

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBS has some pics with the birthday party Y&R threw for Jeanne Cooper's 80th birthday.

Anyway, here's one with La Cooper and the the cast before the cutting of her cake. You'll see Tricia Cast towards the far left of the picture, looks like she's back to her regular hair, and she's gained some weight since we've last seen her, but oh well, I'm happy she's back, even if it's not for long.

cast.JPG

• Members

Re Brad

Married sisters Traci(twice)/Ashley

Cheated on Ashley with her best friend Olivia

Nearly married Nikki and married her daughter Victoria

Slept with Sharon

Affair with Lauren

Marriages to Lisa and Cassandra

I think the time has come for this sleaze to take stock and move on ....no ,maybe not ...he still could boink Heather,Karen,Tyra or maybe seduce Gloria or Jill.

Apart from Colleen,he really has no legitimate connections to GC

Don Diamont is a vet but the character has been played out(lets's not get vstarted on the Jewish storyline)

Maybe he & Colleen could leave town.

• Members

I agree that Sharon Case was good in her scenes confronting Jack.

However,I felt the whole thing came out of nowhere.

Over the past few weeks,they have been lovey dovey,with Jack supporting her return to work etc

Now Sharon claims she has been frustrated by his evasiveness,but I don't think we saw the build up.

Also,Jeffrey coming in to see Jack straight after Adam left was overkill.She had enough reason to be suspicious thru witnessing Adam and Jack going at it.

Heather is now officially joining the dumb/annoying bitch club after her snarky visit to Phyllis to play the same "I will defeat the Newmans" scene again.

Having Summer mumble something about bugs in front of Heather was lame.

Crimson Lights has been featured in almost every episode for weeks.Before that the Athletic Club was on daily for weeks.Looks like a major set is being put up and has to be used for a period of time.

• Members

OMG, that picture from Jeanne's birthday also shows William Wintersole (Mitchell Sherman!). I wonder if he is coming back for a guest appearance, or if he just came by to honor the birthday. Note, too, John Abbott in there. Ghost John? Allistair coming to pay his respects?

Let me say that I thought Tuesday's US Show was notable for how SMART so many characters were. To wit:

- Adam figured out the Jack deal, and immediately went to trap him. (The Forger also put a few things together)

- Jack was even smarter. We may hate him now, but he was BRILLIANT with Adam

- Sharon...putting it together...knowing when Jack is lying. Some of you can't stand her for hypocrisy--I'll grant that. EXCEPT, here, I love that she has a brain.

- Phyllis parried nicely with Heather

- But Heather instantly and brilliantly went for the WOUNDING gambit...saying she saw Nick with Sharon. That was SMART, even if it was evil

- (Nikki wasn't on, but she has been ALL KINDS of smart as she leads the cops on a wild goose chase)

- Taunting Nick and the handcuffs. Even if his ass lands in jail for it (wouldn't be the first time...maybe Wartman would be back to leer at his butt again), totally worth it!

- Kay, KNOWING she is being played. Oh, she may be a little shaken, but so far she is WAY too smart for Gloria.

- (Jill, not on yesterday's show, but...both in figuring out what Glo was up to...and in trying to get her mother to the doctor...AGAIN smart!)

- (Billy...not on yesterday's show...but instantly smart. He immediately figured out Chloe's game, and Cane and Lily's burning lust. He is using it, too!)

- (Jana...not on yesterday's show...but she instantly figured out Kevin too! And held him to account)

- Jeffrey...I hate, hate, hate him...but there is no denying that he definitely has totally controlled Gloria with his strategic brilliance.

I just love it when soap stories aren't premised on characters being stupid, duped, not noticing things. It is nice to see the whole canvas loaded in smart people. Some of them are making good choices, others are making bad choices...but every one of them is relatable because you can see those neurons firing.

Sorry to effuse so, but I have just been very impressed lately.

• Members

Sharon was BROUGHT ON being this kind of girl. She was instantly flirtatious and even sexual with young Nick and Matt.

We learned she had a BABY as a teenage with a car mechanic. (Why do I think he was killed during the LML era...what was that whole story?? How did Frank die and why?).

So, she's always been prone to being in a relationship AND making relationship mistakes.

That is her through-line. She is very much like Amber...but without the kewpie-doll squeaky voice. Sharon is less IN TOUCH with her sexuality than Amber or Phyllis, but she has ALWAYS been the same kind of screw-up.

I'd argue Nikki, too, is cut from the same cloth.

This is a soap archetype. If Sharon is a ho, then they're all hos.

• Members

Don't apologize! I keep reminding myself that it's OK to say nice things about soaps every now and then. I agree with your accolades, but I don't think Adam would be called smart under any definition if evidenced only from the past few weeks as Jack's new puppy.

• Members

Frank wasn't killed during the LML era. He was killed in 2004 by Cameron Kirsten. He tried to frame Sharon for the murder, but his accomplice, Grace Turner, eventually helped Nick and Sharon get rid of Cameron from their lives.

• Members

Oh my goodness, I must have been on DRUGS during this! I remember Cameron (especially all the "where's the body" fun) with fondness. Until you wrote this, I TOTALLY forgot that there was a Grace Turner angle. 2004, huh? I wonder what on earth I was doing then? (I'm thinking that I SO SO SO hated Brittany Hodges that I might have been trying to avoid any hint of her during this period).

Anyway, this whole thing proves that Y&R was moving in a -- ahem -- "different" direction looooooooooooooong before LML :-). 'Cause the murder of Frank could WELL have been a LML-era storyline too.

I love the name "VictorJrAngelBoy" :). I take it we have an Adam fan here :). I keep thinking he'll turn out to be decent in the end.

Archived